Strategy Analyser Input Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy Analyser Input Problem

Hello, I just wanted to Report something that just happened to me, if this is a problem what you're aware of just delete this Post, but as I was looking for a Solution and didn't find anything
    I thought to report it.

I needed a new Input in my Script and made this:

[NinjaScriptProperty]
    [Range(.0, int.MaxValue)]
    [Display(Name="FCloseat", Description="-4 to 4", Order=212, GroupName="Parameters")]
    public int FCloseat
    { get; set; }

I compiled it and made a test run , with value +4, in Analyser and I noticed I made a mistake as it had to be a double and so changed it to:

[NinjaScriptProperty]
    [Range(-10.0, double.MaxValue)]
    [Display(Name="FCloseat", Description="-4 to 4", Order=212, GroupName="Parameters")]
    public double FCloseat
    { get; set; }

I test again and I have the same Results, so as my Script is very complicated, over 7000 lines, I first thought I made a mistake somewhere and run my debugs

I debugged it to the point of having the line:

Print(Time[0] +" FCloseat is "+FCloseat);

what I first found rediculus, but you never know and the Result was:

02.12.2020 18:05:00 FCloseat is 0

So I thought I made a mistake in declaration and worked again on the Input, but I could do whatever I wanted it didn't worked so after a while I decided to remove it
    completely and I made a private double FCloseat on top of the Script and initialized it with 4. Compiled all good Print is 4, I remove the private douple and copy in again
    the whole block of:

[NinjaScriptProperty]
    [Range(-10.0, double.MaxValue)]
    public double FCloseat
    { get; set; }

and I didn't made any change since I deleted it and complied it again, test run and print is:

02.12.2020 18:05:00 FCloseat is 4

So I made a further test and declared a new input double and print was as it should (4), if I made a new Int input, compile and change it then to double, compile again and
    run it it shows zero again.

So my conclusion is that the Analyser is keeping it as a "int" as long its not gonna be removed, or I guess the Analyser is closed and reopen again.

As I found it very frustrating loosing some time on this I thought I post it...

Hello nemnem,

Thank you for the post.

What you described sounds like it would be expected. Any time you make changes to the overall class, that includes the public properties, you need to remove and re add the script from wherever it was applied. In the analyzer that would involved selecting a different script or closing and re opening the tool. The same is required if you edit defaults in State.SetDefaults.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Omg,, this sounds worse than, marriage!
      wow. Goodluck!
      I'm a newbie, here.

Comment

Spinach Man If you are making changes to the definition of the public interface ( the public properties ) then you do have to do as Jesse says. But if you change the implementation inside your OnBarUpdate then you don't have to select a different script.
        Automatic Trading Signals
        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - automatictradingsignals.com

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by aussugardefender, Today, 01:07 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post aussugardefender  
        Started by pvincent, 06-23-2022, 12:53 PM
        14 responses