Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RTH Open price equities

Hello,

when working with an indicator I was wondering about different plottings so I checked the prices and I do not understand the following: eg NQ Dec 15th the open was 12568,25 (or 12568.50) which is visible in the 1 minute chart. At 9:30 there should open also a 15 min chart. But non of the 15 min bars shows an open at this price.

In the attached screenshot on the left is the 15 min chart and on the right is the 1 min chart both with dataseries "use instrument settings"

??

Thank you!
    Tony
    Attached Files

Hello tonynt,

Thank you for your post.

So I may accurately assist you, please answer all of the following questions:
    • What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.?.?)
    • Who are you connected to? This is displayed in green on the lower-left corner of the Control Center window.
    • What is the indicator you are working with? In the screenshot on the 1-minute chart I see the name "Sample get high low by time range" - please clarify if this is the indicator you are referring to and if so, please provide a screenshot of the indicator parameters when you right-click your chart and go to Indicators.
      • To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using the Windows Snipping Tool.

Click here for instructions

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Click here for detailed instruction
    Thank you for your patience. I look forward to your response.
    Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

thank you for your reply.

I´m using version 8.0.23.1 64-bit.
      I´m connected to continuum.
      Its not about the indicator, I just had it there to show more clearly the open. You can think away the samplegthighlow and see only the blue horizontal line from drawing tools.
      Attached is now the screenshot without the rectangles.

Best regards
      Tony

Attached Files

Comment

Hello tonynt,

Thank you for your reply.

I tested this on my side with the NQ 03-21 on a 1 minute and a 15 minute chart. On both charts, I added the Prior Day OHLC indicator and the opening price for 12/15 as 12472.50. This lines up with the price on both charts at 11:15 am EST. It looks like these prices are reflected on your screenshot as well. I suppose I am not fully sure of where the confusion is.

Additionally, as a side note,
        I see that you're using an older version of NinjaTrader 8. To update NinjaTrader, please follow the steps below:
        • First, copy your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
        • Click on the link: https://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
        • Enter your license key and press Submit
        • Select 'NinjaTrader 8'
        • Select 'Download'
        • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to post them here.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	249
Size:	177.5 KB
ID:	1132727

Comment

Hello,

thank you for your reply.

I can not open an "attached"(?) screenshot to read the numbers. I dont know what you mean with 11:15 EST. I wrote in the title RTH open price and that is at 9:30 EST. Dec 15th the price at RTH open was not at 12472.50.

Thank you!
          Tony

Comment

Hello tonynt,

Thank you for your reply.

Since you have your Data Series set to Use instrument settings, it will use the settings for NQ under Control Center > Tools > Instruments. The default trading hours template for NQ is CME US Index Futures ETH. If you right-click your chart and select Data Series, you could update the Trading Hours from Use Instrument Settings to CME US Index Futures RTH instead. Does this update your 1-minute chart and 15-minute chart to match what you expected?

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to ask them here.

Comment

Hello,

thank you for your reply. Prices should match also with ETH (if one is a 1 min chart which is a possible divisor for every higher one). Now it is plotting correctly with ETH and RTH. In the meantime I ran also an upgrade to latest version. I dont know what was the reason. Now it works.

Thank you for your support!

Tony

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by pechtri, 06-22-2023, 02:31 AM
              9 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
              Started by frankthearm, 04-18-2024, 09:08 AM
              16 responses