Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninjatrader 8 shutting down when opening

Dear all,

when opening my ninjatrader 8 application a window appearing with verifying license message and then the application is shut down. I have nothing in the trace folder, and I don't know how to get the version for my ninjatrader 8 application. I look on my antivirus program mcafee but nothing appear that this program is shutting my ninjatrader application. could you please help me

Many thanks

Was NinjaTrader working previously? Or has it never worked?

Does any message appear on your screen? If so, what does it say?

Does the symptom persist if you restart your PC?

What about after uninstalling/reinstalling? Follow these steps:
    • Close all running applications.
    • Uninstall NinjaTrader within Windows Control Panel.
    • Reboot your PC.
    • Once these steps are completed, download and install NT8 from the link below.

Comment

It was working before, I have no message when I open ninjatrader I have the window with ninjatrader and verifiying license and then the application is interrupted and shut down. I try to restart my PC but I still have the same problem. I dont want to uninstall the application as I don't want to lose all my work in the application Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	689
Size:	146.9 KB
ID:	1133182

Comment

Hello mkachmar,

This is Jim responding on behalf of Patrick who is out of the office at this time.

I have seen similar issues involving a corrupted Windows registry when NinjaTrader tries to generate a Machine ID. Without further details, I cannot be certain.

In order to look into this further, I would like to see your log and trace files and a Windows Event Viewer file. Please email these files to me at platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com with the text "Attn Jim 2885904" and a link to this thread. I may have another test for your after receiving this detail.

Attaching Log and Trace files

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your email response so I may investigate this matter further.
        • Open your NinjaTrader folder under My Documents.
        • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
        • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to your email.
        • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.
        Attaching Event Viewer files

To get the Event Viewer log, please do the following:
        • Go to the start menu in Windows and search for Event Viewer
        • Expand 'Windows Logs'
        • Left click on Application
        • Right click on Application
        • Select 'FilterCurrent Log...'
        • Change the 'Logged' drop down option to 'Last 24 hours' > OK
        • Right click on Application again
        • Select 'Save Filtered Log File As...'
        • Make note of the save location, Enter a name for the file, and select Save
        Please then attach the saved Event Viewer log to your email reply.

I look forward to hearing from you.
        JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

So I am running into this issue as well, and it is an unhandled exception in the .NET framework.

Application: NinjaTrader.exe
          Framework Version: v4.0.30319
          Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
          Exception Info: System.InvalidOperationException
          at lbU=.1LU=.3rU=(Object[] methodArgs, ConstructorInfo ctorInfo)
          at lbU=.Cbk=.Dbk=(oLU= )
          at lbU=.XrY=.YbY=(oLU= ctx)
          at lbU=.4LY=.4rY=(oLU= )
          at VMRuntime.Libraries.CSVMRuntime.UbY=(yLU= vmMethod, oLU= ctx)
          at VMRuntime.Libraries.CSVMRuntime.ULY=(Assembly asm, String id, Object[] args)
          at VMRuntime.Libraries.CSVMRuntime.RunMethod(String id, Object[] args)
          at NinjaTrader.Cbi.License.get_MachineId()
          at lbU=.1LU=.37U=(Object& instance, Object[] methodArgs, Boolean isNullNullable, MethodBase methodBase, Boolean isVirtualCall)
          at lbU=.NsQ=.PsQ=(oLU= )
          at VMRuntime.Libraries.CSVMRuntime.UbY=(yLU= vmMethod, oLU= ctx)
          at VMRuntime.Libraries.CSVMRuntime.ULY=(Assembly asm, String id, Object[] args)
          at VMRuntime.Libraries.CSVMRuntime.RunMethod(String id, Object[] args)
          at NinjaTrader.Core.Globals.Decrypt(String text, String key)
          at lbU=.1LU=.37U=(Object& instance, Object[] methodArgs, Boolean isNullNullable, MethodBase methodBase, Boolean isVirtualCall)
          at lbU=.mLk=.n7k=(oLU= )
          at lbU=.XrY=.YbY=(lbU=.oLU=)
          at VMRuntime.Libraries.CSVMRuntime.UbY=(lbU=.yLU=, lbU=.oLU=)
          at VMRuntime.Libraries.CSVMRuntime.ULY=(System.Reflec tion.Assembly, System.String, System.Object[])
          at VMRuntime.Libraries.CSVMRuntime.RunMethod(System.S tring, System.Object[])
          at NinjaTrader.Cbi.License.Verify(System.Action`3<Sys tem.String,NinjaTrader.Cbi.InvalidCode,Boolean>)
          at NinjaTrader.AppHelper+<>c__DisplayClass0_0.<OnStar tup>b__0(System.Object)
          at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(Syst em.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
          at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threa ding.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
          at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System. Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
          at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()

Comment

I would like to add, that everything was working fine for me yesterday, I have been using NT8 pretty extensively for some time now. So something happened last night when I shut everything down.

Uninstall / reinstall didn't do anything. Made sure to get the latest version when I re-installed, and still nothing.
            Last edited by BraisedInBlue; 12-21-2020, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Hello BraisedInBlue,

It raises my eyebrows that more instances have been reported.

Could you reach out to me at platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com with the text "Attn Jim 2885904?" Please include the information requested in post #4.

I would also like you to test a clean environment of the pervious version of NinjaTrader 8 to see if we can isolate this to the latest version.

Clean Environment test (Previous version):

Creating a clean environment can be done by following the steps below:
              1. Close NinjaTrader 8, and rename the "NinjaTrader 8" folder in My Documents to something like: "NinjaTrader 8 OLD" Do not delete this folder.
              2. Uninstall NinjaTrader from the Windows Control Panel
              3. Delete the C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 8 folder
              4. Reinstall using the installer from http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect Be sure to select the NinjaTrader 8 installer under "Previous versions"
              5. Confirm that the platform comes up without issue.
              Your platform folder will be left in tact in the Documents\NinjaTrader 8 OLD\ folder. You may make a copy and attempt to use it with the Release 22.2, and if there are issues, please let me know when you write in over email so we can be sure you are not dead in the water.

Please provide me this information over email and please let me know how the test above pans out.

I look forward to assisting.

Comment

I created a thread and sent the attached files to Shawn. Ill try the clean installation.

Comment

So after attempting a "clean" installation, I get the license key window to pop up when NT8 launches, but selecting OK doesn't do anything and the application locks up. Is there something in registry that may have gotten mucked up? The fact it can't accept the license key, seems like my issue may have been registry related to begin with.

Comment

Hello BraisedInBlue,

Please confirm: When you set up the clean environment, was this done with Release 23.2 or Release 22.2?

If you are seeing the same behavior with both, then I would further suspect a corrupted Windows registry or other issues with the registry.

If this is only happening for you on Release 23.2, we would like to know.

We have also received the log and trace files you sent Shawn, but have not received the Windows Event Viewer files. Please email me these files and please also confirm that your test was on the previous release (Release 22.2) as opposed to Release 23.2.

Comment

Hi Jim, following the post at the top, Nothing appears in the trace folder, I don't have a folder called log under the Ninjatrader 8 folder. I forced the ninjatrader to create a new config file but still the same problem. I have always this same error in the windows event program: .net runtime
                      Application : NinjaTrader.exe
                      Version du Framework : v4.0.30319
                      Description : le processus a été arręté en raison d'une exception non gérée.
                      Informations sur l'exception : System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException
                      ŕ System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32, System.String)
                      ŕ System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].CommonInit()
                      ŕ System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]]..ctor(System.String, System.String, System.String, System.IO.SearchOption, System.IO.SearchResultHandler`1<System.__Canon>, Boolean)
                      ŕ System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(System.String, System.String)
                      ŕ NinjaTrader.Cbi.Log.CreateLogThread()
                      ŕ NinjaTrader.Cbi.Log.Process(System.Type, System.String, System.Object[], NinjaTrader.Cbi.LogLevel, NinjaTrader.Cbi.LogCategories, System.String, NinjaTrader.Cbi.User, NinjaTrader.Cbi.Account, System.DateTime)
                      ŕ NinjaTrader.Cbi.Log.Process(System.Type, System.String, System.Object[], NinjaTrader.Cbi.LogLevel, NinjaTrader.Cbi.LogCategories)
                      ŕ NinjaTrader.AppHelper+<>c__DisplayClass0_0.<OnStar tup>b__0(System.Object)
                      ŕ System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCal lback_Context(System.Object)
                      ŕ System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(Syst em.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
                      ŕ System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threa ding.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
                      ŕ System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System. Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
                      ŕ System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
                      ŕ System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWa itCallback()

Application error
                      Nom de l’application défaillante NinjaTrader.exe, version : 8.0.15.1, horodatage : 0x5b61d49c
                      Nom du module défaillant : KERNELBASE.dll, version : 10.0.17763.348, horodatage : 0x53015794
                      Code d’exception : 0xe0434352
                      Décalage d’erreur : 0x0011c632
                      ID du processus défaillant : 0x3378
                      Heure de début de l’application défaillante : 0x01d6d93ecd4ca01e
                      Chemin d’accčs de l’application défaillante : C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 8\bin\NinjaTrader.exe
                      Chemin d’accčs du module défaillant: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
                      ID de rapport : a34f019c-48c7-43e2-97c0-a4a6ae669976
                      Nom complet du package défaillant :
                      ID de l’application relative au package défaillant :

Comment

I sent also as asked an email with all the details, waiting to your feedback

Comment

Thanks for your reply mkachmar,

I have sent a suggestion over email to try updating .NET Frameworrk as a first step, and then to contact a Windows PC expert as we suspect Windows registry issues/corrupt registry. The Windows Event Viewer file is different here, but I would expect the same sort of Event Viewer error as BraisedInBlue reports if this were tested in a clean installation of Release 23.3

Since you are on NinjaTrader 8 Release 15, which is extremely old, this does not seem to be coming up from a platform update that affects limited users.

We look forward to assisting.

Comment

So when I tested the clean environment, it was with the latest .23.2 build. I am trying to clean up fix shawn recommended to me right now. If it doesnt work, ill try again with 22.2.

Edit: Neither 22.2 or 23.2 worked, but I did get some new output in the log file. I emailed the logs to you Jim.
                            Last edited by BraisedInBlue; 12-23-2020, 01:43 PM.

Comment

recently I am facing the same issue I am using NT8 latest version the most recent release and i have removed all the softwares which can prevent the startup but I am still facing the same issue.

Please help I have logs/traces/event-logs(last 24h) please tell me where to send.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by funk10101, Today, 12:02 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post funk10101  
                              Started by gravdigaz6, Yesterday, 11:40 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred