Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rollover for the futures M6C 03-21 contract

Hi

I am using the latest NT8 8.0.23.2 and trying to do a rollover to the futures M6C 03-21 contract via Tools->Database Management

problem is there is no contract month and no rollover defined for futures M6C 03-21. Can you fix the problem and add the 03-21 and other upcoming contracts for M6C ?

There are contract months and rollovers defined for the 6C futures contract but not for the M6C contract which is the micro version of the 6C futures contract.

Thank you for your help.

Hello qewcool,

Thank you for your post.

Could you please send the log and trace from your platform to look further into this inquiry?

To send me your log and trace files from within NinjaTrader. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Email Support in NinjaTrader. Put '2887127 - Att Shawn', in the subject field and enable 'Log and trace files'. Also, give a reference of this thread in the body of the email.

We look forward to assisting you further.
    Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi

A log and trace of what ? there is no error message or anything. Its just that the contract months for M6C beyond 12-20 is not populated/defined in NT8 instruments database.

I can send you a screenshot of the last contract months I have for M6C ... but I think you can verify that if you check it on your side by opening NT8 and opening the M6C instrument ? unless you are telling me that you can see contracts months for M6C beyond 12-20 ? like 03-21, 06-21, 09-21 etc ?

Thanks

Comment

I sent the email via NT8 with log and trace enabled as directed.

Comment

Hello qewcool,

Thank you for your response.

Not sure if someone has already followed up with you via email, but I wanted to follow up here as well so that the solution is public. The symbol M6C has been delisted by the CME, which is why there is not an 03-21 expiry for that symbol. The appropriate symbol is MICD 03-21.

Please let us know if we may assist you any further.
          Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

under TWS with Interactive brokers, the symbol did not change. still MCD.

1) under NT8 I see MICD under the instruments list and the last contract month for MICD is 03-21. nothing beyond 03-21. So the problem will be the same in 3 months ?

2) can you confirm that both M6C and MICD under NT8 will download data using the symbol MCD from Interactive brokers ? if yes, is there a way to merge the chart for both M6C and MICD since they refer to the same symbol MCD under IB ?

Thanks

Comment

Hello qewcool,

Thank you for your reply.

1. No, we release updates to the instrument database that updates the expiries.

2. No, M6C used the symbol M6C from Interactive Brokers but this instrument has been delisted by the CME. There would be no way to merge the charts of the two symbols, as they are technically different instruments.
              Last edited by NinjaTrader_Zachary; 12-23-2020, 08:24 AM. Reason: mistyped instrument

Comment

1) the updates to the instrument database is done automatically ? we dont have to update to another NT8 release on our side to get this update ?

2) M6C (not M6E) was symbol MCD in TWS. There is no symbol M6C in TWS.

Since M6C and MICD is technically the same data since it is a symbol change, is there a way to manually transfer (copy) the data from M6C to the MICD in NT8 database ?

Thanks
                Last edited by qewcool; 12-23-2020, 01:08 AM.

Comment

Hello qewcool,

Thank you for your response.

1. Correct. Once the roll dates are added to the database on our server, they will be added to the platform with no additional action necessary on your end.

2. I apologize, I mistyped and meant to say M6C in my prior response. The underlying symbol mapping within NinjaTrader for each of these instruments is different, even if they are technically the same instrument. It is possible to manually move the data files from the M6C folder to the MICD folder from C:\Users\<YourUserName>\Documents\NinjaTrader 8\db.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by jclose, Today, 09:37 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post jclose
                  by jclose

Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
                  10 responses