Create a similar custom tabs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Create a similar custom tabs.

I need to add a new option under Tools (eg:- YZControl) which opens the Custom Tabs whose design is the same as the Alert box from that charts tab. From where I can start. I am just new to Ninja Traders. Do I need to write a similar code in WPF for the design of Alert Box?

Hello birazdhl,

Thank you for the post.

To create a new option under one of the menus you can see the Addon sample, that creates a menu item in the New menu but you could also replicate that logic to target other menus like the Tools menu.

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...t_overview.htm (AddOn Framework NinjaScript Basic, see the OnWindowCreated override for menu adding logic )

To find other menus or areas of the platform you can look for automation ID's. Microsoft has a tool called inspect which can be used for that purpose. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...ectedfrom=MSDN the tools menu is ControlCenterMenuItemTools

To create controls with the NinjaTrader styles you can just use regular WPF controls or the NinjaTrader controls where applicable. https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...8/controls.htm

The addon sample I linked above contains a full sample window, that is generally a good starting point if you are trying to make some type of custom tool. It shows how to access data and do other account related tasks. While the sample is large it is a complete tool showing most WPF related concepts.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jesse; 12-21-2020, 10:51 AM.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for now I have created a custom tab under tools in Menu. The tab is blank for now. I need to replicate the same design as that of Alert Box.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	287
Size:	7.0 KB
ID:	1133339
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	267
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	1133340
      Do I need to write a code XAML code for the design or is there any other war to replicate?

Comment

Hello birazdhl,

Thank you for the reply.

if you are making a new window yourself then yes you would need to make the WPF for whatever you wanted to make.

When you say alert box what specifically are you referring to? Are you asking to make a pop up alert with a message?

I look forward to being of further assistance.
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by FrazMann, Today, 11:21 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post FrazMann  
        Started by geddyisodin, Yesterday, 05:20 AM
        8 responses
        0 likes