Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Synchronise strategies between ninjascript editor and strategy panel

Dear Forum,

I'm having a hard time understanding how ninjascript editor and the strategy tabwork together.

Once I succesfully compile a Strategy written by myself I am expeting to be able to activate that same strategy from the strategy tab.
    What I am presented with instead is a series of strategies that sometimes do not exist anymore but the system still remembers.

In the picture attached you can see NinjaScript Explorer to the left (such as the actual files in the strategy folder) and what I am presented with if I try to activate a strategy. You could see that:

"KAMAStrategy" is present in the strategy tab while it has been removed in the Editor (it's an old one)
    "KAMAStrategyCoded" (the one I personally coded) is present in the editor but not in the strategy panel

What is the reason behind it?
    Should I add my new coded strategies to the strategy tab somehow?
    How can I syncronize the strategy panel with ninjascript editor in order not to see old strategies that have been removed?

Thank you very much!

Attached Files

Hello Theghios,

Thank you for your post.

NinjaScript strategies will automatically populate in the Available Strategies window and do not need to be synchronized. The 'Name' property of the NinjaScript Strategy will determine the text that is displayed in the Available Strategies window when you add/enable a strategy in the Strategies tab or Chart. Please check the Name property for the KAMAStrategyCoded script. Does it show the Name property as "KAMAStrategy"?

Please see the attached image that demonstrates a strategy file called CustomTimer with the Name property 'BrandonsCustomTimer'. When we go to add the CustomTimer strategy to the Strategies tab, the name of the strategy will display as 'BrandonsCustomTimer' instead of 'CustomTimer'.

Let us know if we may assist further.
    Attached Files
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Brandon, this is exactly what I was missing!
      It works perfectly now

Thank you very much!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by alifarahani, 04-19-2024, 09:40 AM
      8 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post alifarahani  
      Started by mmckinnm, Today, 01:34 PM
      2 responses