Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Did I totally lose my custom indicators?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did I totally lose my custom indicators?

This post hasa 2 parts/questions:
    1: How to set up same account on my windows desktop and my windows tablet? I first installed on my PC for some months, then was traveling so i installed on my windows tablet. I have the NinjaTrader files stored on my OneDrirve, so 2 things i thought would happen, 1 is that the tablet and pc would share data. Well, they didn't share the custom indicators. When I installed it on the tablet, none of my custom indicators showed up, The workspace and chart templated did. OH, the other thing is my demo had expired, so i renewed it when i installed on the tablet, another complication.
    But, when i got back home and went to use on my desktop it gave some errors, didn't copy them down, dont recall, but, i entered in the username and password for the new demo account, and the worskspace came up - BUT the UI of with chart windows was totally messed up. The one chart showed only half - the other half you could see through to the windows beneath it, The other 2 charts windows only displayed borders, and the inner part of the chart was see thru to the windows behind it. I should have asked for support, but, i thought the best thing would be to uninstall and reinstall. I didn't think about all the custom indicators i had written - which was 5 of them. Besides, I have a backup program that makes 3 historical copies of all files changed on my main drive to my backup harddrive. Problem was, i didn't know that program required special permission from Microsoft to backup the Onedrive Directory, when i uninstalled ninjatrader and reinstalled, all the custom indicators were lost. And, the problem remained. There was an error that came up, can't recall it, but looked it up and told to close it never made any backups of Onedrive files. And, the files in my user/uersname/documents/ninjatrader... directory also weren't backed up,
    2: So i take it my custom indicators are now lost forever??? That's my question, unless you can direct me to some magical back up somewhere (i checked file version history in windows and in the recover in onedrive, nothing... no backups

WOW, right after I sent that message, I opened NinjaScript Editor, to start the painful process of trying to remember my indicators, how to write them, and WOW, all the indicators were there, in the Editor.... SAVED by whatever, the editor. But, why aren't they showing up in the chart indicators., I'll try to figure that out, will post again if i need help. But, at least they are not totally lost.... sheesh

Comment

Hello unltdsoul,

Thank you for your note.

It would not be recommended to allow OneDrive to back up your NinjaTrader folders as this may lead to issues with the platform. OneDrive has a nasty tendency to try to back up files that NinjaTrader is using and this can lead to crashes and other issues with the platform. We would recommend excluding NinjaTrader from being backed up within OneDrive - most of us here have OneDrive entirely turned off.

That being said, if your indicators are visible in the NinjaScript Editor, but not in the Indicators window, this would indicate that a compile error(s) are preventing the scripts from being compiled and thus being available within the platform. If you right click on the Editor window, then select Compile, do you see errors noted? If so, please provide a screenshot with the Error column (not to be confused with the Code column) clearly visible.

Thanks in advance; I look forward to assisting you further.
      Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
      5 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Jason  
      Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
      6 responses
      0 likes