Ninja Trader 8 Suddenly Fails to launch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninja Trader 8 Suddenly Fails to launch

NT8 has suddenly stopped functioning for me. The start up splash screen just gets to validating license before quitting. The log files only contain the first line in them, and the only details I can collect are from the Windows Event viewer.

Faulting application name: NinjaTrader.exe, version: 8.0.23.2, time stamp: 0x5fd39f66
    Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.18362.1237, time stamp: 0x71e81044
    Exception code: 0xe0434352
    Fault offset: 0x0000000000043b29
    Faulting process id: 0x2308
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d6d8a0297f9f58
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 8\bin64\NinjaTrader.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
    Report Id: e227ec03-c104-4070-a235-e94f3e6d88a8
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

Application: NinjaTrader.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: System.InvalidOperationException
    at lbU=.1LU=.3rU=(Object[] methodArgs, ConstructorInfo ctorInfo)
    at lbU=.Cbk=.Dbk=(oLU= )
    at lbU=.XrY=.YbY=(oLU= ctx)
    at lbU=.4LY=.4rY=(oLU= )
    at VMRuntime.Libraries.CSVMRuntime.UbY=(yLU= vmMethod, oLU= ctx)
    at VMRuntime.Libraries.CSVMRuntime.ULY=(Assembly asm, String id, Object[] args)
    at VMRuntime.Libraries.CSVMRuntime.RunMethod(String id, Object[] args)
    at NinjaTrader.Cbi.License.get_MachineId()
    at lbU=.1LU=.37U=(Object& instance, Object[] methodArgs, Boolean isNullNullable, MethodBase methodBase, Boolean isVirtualCall)
    at lbU=.NsQ=.PsQ=(oLU= )
    at VMRuntime.Libraries.CSVMRuntime.UbY=(yLU= vmMethod, oLU= ctx)
    at VMRuntime.Libraries.CSVMRuntime.ULY=(Assembly asm, String id, Object[] args)
    at VMRuntime.Libraries.CSVMRuntime.RunMethod(String id, Object[] args)
    at NinjaTrader.Core.Globals.Decrypt(String text, String key)
    at lbU=.1LU=.37U=(Object& instance, Object[] methodArgs, Boolean isNullNullable, MethodBase methodBase, Boolean isVirtualCall)
    at lbU=.mLk=.n7k=(oLU= )
    at lbU=.XrY=.YbY=(lbU=.oLU=)
    at VMRuntime.Libraries.CSVMRuntime.UbY=(lbU=.yLU=, lbU=.oLU=)
    at VMRuntime.Libraries.CSVMRuntime.ULY=(System.Reflec tion.Assembly, System.String, System.Object[])
    at VMRuntime.Libraries.CSVMRuntime.RunMethod(System.S tring, System.Object[])
    at NinjaTrader.Cbi.License.Verify(System.Action`3<Sys tem.String,NinjaTrader.Cbi.InvalidCode,Boolean>)
    at NinjaTrader.AppHelper+<>c__DisplayClass0_0.<OnStar tup>b__0(System.Object)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(Syst em.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threa ding.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
    at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System. Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
    at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()

I have tried to uninstall and re-install the software to no avail. Clearly something has been corrupted because this had been functioning for me with no issues.

Please advise!

Hello BraisedInBlue,

Thank you for your post.

Could you please send the log and trace from your platform to look further into this inquiry?
    Here are steps to send the files without opening the platform. Please send an email to platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com with your log and trace files included as an attachment to the email, so I may investigate this matter further.
    • Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
    • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
    • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Put '2891740 - Att Shawn', in the subject field and enable 'Log and trace files'. Also, give a reference of this thread in the body of the email.

We look forward to assisting you further.

Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I just sent the files per your request.

Comment

Hello BraisedInBlue,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately, we have not yet received your log and trace files. Could you please try again to send us the log and trace files?

We look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Apologies, seems my email wasnt happy with the size of the attachments in one go.

Comment

So after attempting a "clean" installation, I get the license key window to pop up when NT8 launches, but selecting OK doesn't do anything and the application locks up. Is there something in registry that may have gotten mucked up? The fact it can't accept the license key, seems like my issue may have been registry related to begin with.

Comment

Hello BraisedInBlue,

Thank you for sending the files.

To resolve this behavior please take the following steps:

NOTE: This will NOT remove any of your indicators, workspaces, charts, connections, or other settings provided you DO NOT delete the NinjaTrader 8 Folder in the My Documents directory of Windows.

• Click the following publicly available link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...led-or-removed

• Press Run Now and run from location.

• Once the ms fix it tool has launched, accept the Microsoft terms.

• Detect problems and let me select the fixes to apply -> Once the scan has finished select the uninstalling option.

• Select NinjaTrader 8 from the list -> Select all checkboxes -> Next -> Yes, try uninstall

• Once complete it will either give a successful message and the utility can be closed out.

Then in a Windows File Explorer. Navigate to C:\ > Program File (x86) > Delete the 'NinjaTrader 8' folder if it exists and reboot your PC.

Finally, please try and reinstall NInjaTrader. You may download the platform here

Please let us know if you continue to see the same behavior.

Comment

This didnt work for either release 22.2 or 23.2. I got some additional output in the log file and emailed it to Jim.

Comment

Was this ever resolved? I am getting a similar exception, but when trying to compile an app using Visual Studio while virtualizing a method via Agile. The exception above is based on Agile's virtual machine not liking something, and I don't know if it's an x86 vs. x64 issue or Themida-type issue where perhaps the AV is preventing something.

Comment

Hello pel11,

When I received log and trace files, I did not see errors associated with Agile.NET.

Instead we saw the following error preventing NinjaTrader from starting:

Unhandled exception: This implementation is not part of the Windows Platform FIPS validated cryptographic algorithms.

We found a publicly available article that gave a solution for that case, but I cannot be certain it was related to Agile.NET. I've included a link below.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...togra/45752273
                    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
                    0 responses
                    1 view
                    0 likes
                    Last Post CortexZenUSA  
                    Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM