Stock float data in Hotlist Analyzer/market analyzer column

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock float data in Hotlist Analyzer/market analyzer column

I use both the hotlist analyzer and market analyzers to look for trading opportunities for stock day trading.

While I can add a lot of stock information in one of the columns, I haven’t been able to find information about the “Float,” “short Float size” or “shares outstanding” for each stock. Is there a way to add this info to the columns in the market analyzer or hot list analyzer?

my data feed is currently through IBKR, and I subscribe to Level 1 NYSE and Nasdaq data through IQ feed.

Thanks

Hello pr8834.pcap,

The Market/Hot List Analyzer has a 'shares outstanding' column you can add. Please right click in the Market/Hot List Analyzer and select Columns. Add the 'Shares outstanding' column. There are no columns for float.

JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      Hello pr8834.pcap,

The Market/Hot List Analyzer has a 'shares outstanding' column you can add. Please right click in the Market/Hot List Analyzer and select Columns. Add the 'Shares outstanding' column. There are no columns for float.

I tried using this column but it never populates. Currently, I'm using IB as my market data provider. Would really like to see this function correctly.

Comment

Hello maxwellspi,

If it never populated, it would seem this is not supported with Interactive Brokers.

Can you please tell me what instrument you have selected in the Market Analyzer. Do you receive data if you select the AAPL?

Are you able to receive such data in TWS? What version of TWS do you have installed?

Comment

Can you please tell me what instrument you have selected in the Market Analyzer. Do you receive data if you select the AAPL?
          I have selected TSLA. Also tried AAPL. I receive data for both.

Are you able to receive such data in TWS? What version of TWS do you have installed?
          I am able to see shares outstanding in TWS. TWS version 985.1 g

Comment

Are you saying you receive "shares outstanding" data for both the TSLA and AAPL? Or do you refer to last, bid and ask prices?

Do you still have access to Kinetick? If so, do you receive "shares outstanding" data when connected to Kinetick? I receive "shares outstanding" data when connected to Kinetick (see screenshot).

When I test Interactive Brokers on my end, I load the data in the other attached screenshot.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jason; 09-30-2021, 01:30 AM.

Comment

Are you saying you receive "shares outstanding" data for both the TSLA and AAPL? Or do you refer to last, bid and ask prices?
              I'm saying I receive bid and ask data for both.

Do you still have access to Kinetick? If so, do you receive "shares outstanding" data when connected to Kinetick? I receive "shares outstanding" data when connected to Kinetick (see screenshot).
              I no longer have access to kinetick.

Does this mean it does not function with IB and, if so, is this because the IB API does not offer it or is it something else?

Comment

It seems this is not supported. When I test it again, I receive last, bid and ask prices for the stocks in the Market Analyzer, but the 'Shares outstanding' column remains empty. I suggest to contact Interactive Brokers to confirm if this is the case.

I will check again after the Open at 9:30am EST. If I then get data for 'Shares outstanding', I will let you know.
                Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
                2 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post algospoke  
                Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
                3 responses