X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Demo : Limit order not executed

Hello,

My problem is the following :

I trade on demo future NASDAQ market, and yesterday I keep my position overnight, set a limit order and then i close my NT platform thinking it will execute my order if it touch the price that i set in the limit order.

The market touch the price that i configured (and go far beyond it) but my order didn't execute.

My question is why my order didn't execute ? :
    -is it because i close my NT platform ? (and if it is, is the behavior the same in real a account ?)
    -is it because i'm on demo ?
    -or another reason ?

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely.

Hello Stardriver,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your inquiry today.

If you placed a limit order with the Sim101 account and then closed the NinjaTrader platform, this would result in the order not being executed as the simulation orders are locally handled on your PC and would need NinjaTrader running in order to fill the simulated orders. However, with live orders, once these orders are in the state of 'Accepted' or 'Working' they would be at your exchange and would be filled at the set limit or stop price by the exchange even if NinjaTrader was not connected and running, ultimately however this depends on the exchange your orders are being sent to and how they handle the orders.

I have included a publicly available link for more on Where Your Orders Reside and this lists the different exchanges and where the orders reside:

Please see the publicly available link below from our help guide for more information regarding order states and definitions:

As a final side note, if you are using the ATM strategy functionality and your strategies contain actions that modify orders such as Trailing Stops or Breakeven strategies do need NinjaTrader open and connected to function. Here is a publicly available link regarding this information: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...dforATMstowork

Please do not hesitate to reach out to us with any other NinjaTrader inquiries.

Comment

Thank you very much Brendan for your quick response, have a nice day (you can close the topic if you want)

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by traderqz, Yesterday, 09:06 AM
      2 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post traderqz  
      Started by traderqz, Today, 12:06 AM
      3 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby