Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modelling commissions as a percent of the value traded

Hello,

I see that the commission per instrument / instrument type can be specified as a per unit absolute value and together with a minimum commission. I would like to have commissions calculated instead as a percentage of the purchase price. How can I do this? I would be happy to code this myself in a Ninjascript strategy, but cannot find the relevant object to reference.

I appreciate any direction.

Many thanks!

Hello cfq20,

Thank you for the post.

For the commission templates and the Commission fields which you see in the platform the only options surrounding that would be as you mentioned or per unit/minimum. If you wanted to calculate a commission based on a percent of the purchase price you could do that in your own logic however that would not be reported as "Commission" in the platform. That would just be your custom variable in your code controlling your logic at that point. If you want to still utilize the commission when doing tests or while using the simulator you would need to continue using per unit or minimum commissions.

I look forward to being of further assistance.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Is there still no way of allowing a floating/percentage fee based commission in the commission template (or via Ninjascript) so that when I backtest a strategy in the Strategy Analyzer the results are realistic because they would include my floating/percentage fee based commission charges?

Comment

Hello dowtrader,

The commission system in the platform is still the same since the last post, there have not been any expansions in the areas you had mentioned.
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
        6 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post DJ888
        by DJ888

Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
        0 responses