Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart Y-Axis values and Horizontal Gridlines mismatch question

Hello,
    I show horizontal gridlines at fixed value (e.g. 25, 50, 100 ticks).
    On most all charts, the X-Axis values automatically match the Interval
    This is not so in ES.
    Any ideas? How to resolve.
    See attached for example of the mismatch
    All my chart template settings are the same format
    Kind regards,
    Attached Files

Hello brucerobinson, thanks for writing in.

Please right click on the price axis on the right of the chart and go to the Properties. There you can set automatic grid lines or fixed. If you choose fixed, you can choose to place a horizontal line at each point or on each tick, and you can also pick the number of points or ticks.

Please let me know if this does not resolve your inquiry.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Chris and thanks,
      I wrote "fixed value (e.g. 25, 50, 100 ticks).
      On most all charts, the X-Axis values automatically match the Interval" i.e. my specified fixed value horizontal gridline (bold emphasis added) and see previously attached screengrab which gives example using 25 Tick Fixed Interval.
      Please see screengrab attached hereto showing Y-axis chart window Properties Dialogue showing my settings.
      To re-iterate the issue/question - the Y-Axis numerical values plotted do not match/correspond with the 25 tick gridlines......................................... ..........

They do so on every other chart I use for all other Instruments AFAIK e.g. other Stock Indices, Currencies etc irrespective of chart type e.g. Minute, second, tick etc. See attached 6A 5 Tick charts - 25 tick Horizontal Gridlines, Y-Axis values used are at the same 25 tick levels as the Horizontal Gridlines, and only at the 25 tick Gridline levels.

Kind regards,

Attached Files

Comment

Hello brucerobinson, thanks for your reply.

The Tick Size for the 6A is 0.00005. If we take the difference of two prices on the chart from the screen shot and divide it by .00005 we get 25 ticks. This looks correct from what I am seeing from the screen shots.

Please clarify further if this does not resolve your inquiry.

Comment

Hello Chris and thanks.
          I don't think we have a correct understanding of the 'issue' I'm seeking to address. Please look at the first screenshot I posted of ES. The values on the Y-axis scale are not at 25 tick increments and do not correspond/match the 25 tick horizontal gridlines. On the 6A example, they do...., as they do on other charts. That is the issue.....?
          Not sure how I can make it clearer than the charts and descriptions I have provided. The horizontal lines on all charts are as per the 25 tick Fixed Value I enter in the Properties dialogue box per the 6A.That is not the issue (i.e. per your last reply). The issue is that the values on the Y-axis do not match the horizontal gridlines on the ES, whereas they do on others. Please compare the ES screenshot against the 6A and it should be 'obvious'
          kind regards,

Comment

Hello brucerobinson, thanks for your reply.

I do not get the same thing with these settings:

Do you get the same thing on a new chart with no other custom indicators or template attached? It's possible that an indicator that overrides OnCalculateMinMax is modifying the price range.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Comment

Hello Chris and thanks.
              I'm not sue why your example uses changed parameters from mine (Fixed range etc) because doing so just seems to add variables into the equation unnecessarily.
              Please see attached - Capture 01 is my chart on which this happens - with all indicators removed - none.
              The same thing happens on ES (but not any other Instruments) in a different Window i.e. it is not specific to the specific Chart Window.
              Capture 0102 is a newly created Chart window, with no Indicators i.e. bare naked chart, single Data Series set to Use Instrument Settings trading hours template. i.e. as plain vanilla as I can envisage

Clearly the Chart axis is labelling in 10 point increments - which for ES isn't a multiple of 25 ticks

Kind regards,
              Bruce
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello Bruce, thanks for your reply.

I'm sorry but I do not get the same problem, it may be related to your specific environment or workspace. I can load up the workspace you are using if you would like. Please go into Documents\NinjaTrader 8\workspaces, right-click the workspace .xml file you are using> Send To > Compressed Zip file. Please attach the zip to your reply.

Comment

Hello Chris and thanks.
                  In the previous tests I had not created a new Workspace, so for elimination please see attached Untitled3 - new workspace, new chart, new data series, Instrument Settings Trading hours, Chart Template - None, no indicators - same problem. 25tick gridlines, 10 point y-axis scale.
                  Also attached my Indices workspace. The benefit being it shows the Indices other than ES have y axis scale matching gridlines on all charts. ES don't match, But neither does ES on Untitled. So that seems to eliminate anything specific to my workspace. I have other wrkspaces, e.g. FX Futures - only problem is with ES
                  Kind regards,
                  Bruce
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hello Bruce, thanks for sending that in.

The Untitled 3 workspace did not have any charts loaded into it. I tested USIndicesLite and the charts that loaded have a 25 tick interval. If you continue to see the issue on a new workspace it's possible you will need to completely uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader. I can not reproduce the issue so it makes me think there is something specific to your environment causing the problem.

Please let me know if I can assist any further.

Comment

Hello Chris and thanks.
                      Empty Workspace - apologies, Please see attached.
                      "the charts that loaded have a 25 tick interval." For the avoidance of doubt - can you specifically confirm that the ES charts have 25 tick Y-axis interval matching the gridlines?
                      I have attached untitled which should now contain a new workspace with only 1 ES Chart loaded, no template etc etc and showing 10.00 point axis divisions not matching 25 tick gridlines. Also attached is a capture of the chart in that workspace, showing the issue. No other wrkspaces open
                      Kind regards
                      Attached Files

Comment

Remember to compress the workspace .xml file into a .zip file so it can be uploaded to the fourm. The forum will not allow regular .xml files to be uploaded as attachments.

Comment

Hello Chris and thanks,
                          Dunno - the zipped folder hereto was sitting on my Desktop, and is timestamped yesterday 10pm my time. Guess I omitted to attach
                          What you should now have is a screenshot of what I see when I open the Untitled3 workspace - 25tick gridlines do not match y-axis interval values/graduations of 10.00 points
                          " For the avoidance of doubt - can you specifically confirm that the ES charts have 25 tick Y-axis interval matching the gridlines?"
                          Kind regards,
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hello Chris,
                            Today notice that on NQ, on my 10s chart the y-axis interval matches but on the 5m it does not. Attached
                            It is seemingly random, except when it matches - most of the time.
                            Perhaps you could confirm to me what is expected behaviour,
                            Kind regards,
                            Attached Files

Comment

I get 25 tick intervals in the blank workspace with the following settings:

Are you getting the same issue when you use Points rather than Ticks?

Please also reset your cache folder by following these steps:
                              • Shut down NinjaTrader.
                              • Open the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > db folder.
                              • Delete the sub-folder named 'cache'.
                              • Restart NinjaTrader and test.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
                              16 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Leafcutter