Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem about column space SuperDOM

Hello,

I have a small monitor, and i need to optimize my workspace.
    I want to know if it is possible reduce the empty space between columns.
    At the moment it is impossible reduce it.
    I attach image of example i would like to obtain:

Click image for larger version

Name:	0_Dom.JPG
Views:	383
Size:	136.6 KB
ID:	1134244

I read the ninja documentation but i don't find nothing.
    Could someone help me please?

Regard.

Hello RomanoRod,

Unfortunately there is no setting that will eliminate the empty space indicated in your screenshot.

I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. I will follow up with an internal tracking number for your reference as soon as it is created.

Thanks in advance for your patience.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Great!
      I hope to see it soon.

Comment

Thanks for your patience.

The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-1149. Please reference this internal tracking number when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:

Comment

Is it also not possible to make the different buttons bigger (HIGHER) .
          They are so small that I sometimes miss an order as the cursor is just outside the button.
          Putting the buttons on the left side is no solution as they stay small. On the left side there is enough room below to make the buttons higher (SQUARE). Like on the picture below.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-01-13 09_35_51.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	1136490
          Last edited by marcus2300; 01-13-2021, 02:36 AM.

Comment

Hello marcus2300,

Unfortunately there is no setting to make the ChartTrader buttons larger in NinjaTrader 7. You could use a lower resolution on your monitor so all windows appear bigger.

You can make the ChartTrader buttons in NinjaTrader 8 larger by widening the ChartTrader section in the chart. Hover your cursor at the left edge of ChartTrader and your cursor will change into a double headed arrow. Click and hold the left mouse button and move to the left.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
              Hello marcus2300,

Unfortunately there is no setting to make the ChartTrader buttons larger in NinjaTrader 7. You could use a lower resolution on your monitor so all windows appear bigger.

You can make the ChartTrader buttons in NinjaTrader 8 larger by widening the ChartTrader section in the chart. Hover your cursor at the left edge of ChartTrader and your cursor will change into a double headed arrow. Click and hold the left mouse button and move to the left.
              My button Charttrader is grey, cannot select it. I have still the free version of NT8 and pay higher commissions. Want first to see before buying a licence.
              WIdening the chartrader section would result in losing a lot of screenspace for my other charts.
              So the only solution is to open an account with another broker who has bigger buttons on the DOM?
              Changing the resolution would damage all my other charts.

Watch how much lost free space:

Click image for larger version  Name:	2021-01-13 10_39_13.jpg Views:	0 Size:	113.2 KB ID:	1136497
              Last edited by marcus2300; 01-13-2021, 03:44 AM.

Comment

Please send me an email at "platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com" requesting the free license key that does not allow live trading, but includes ChartTrader. Put "Att Jason, 2897780" in the subject field on your email.

If you connect to a different broker in the NinjaTrader platform, it does not have any effect on the size of the ChartTrader buttons.

Comment

Please send me an email at "platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com" requesting the free license key that does not allow live trading, but includes ChartTrader. Put "Att Jason, 2897780" in the subject field on your email.

If you connect to a different broker in the NinjaTrader platform, it does not have any effect on the size of the ChartTrader buttons.
                  Thanks for your help, but that will not work for me.

There are a few obstacles:
                  • Many of my indicators are protected and need the correct licence key (and other specifications) to work. Changing that licencekey means that not a single of my indicators will still work.
                  • Resizing ChartTrader will cost me too much space on my screens, I would have to add a third 24 inch screen
                  I like NT8 very much and am happy with Ninja brokerage so I will (for the time being) continue with the actual situation. Till one day I really see more advantages in going elsewhere.
                  I also miss the posibility to manage a few accounts at the same time. Made a request already long time ago,but still not possible.

Comment

If you have another computer available, you could install NinjaTrader there and use the free license key to test ChartTrader. If not, I don't see a different way to use ChartTrader due to the first obstacle you mention.

Comment

If you have another computer available, you could install NinjaTrader there and use the free license key to test ChartTrader. If not, I don't see a different way to use ChartTrader due to the first obstacle you mention.
                      Hi Jason,

I tried it already and the buttons become wider, but the problem is the height. I cannot change the height. The picture in posting #5 shows the correct buttons, more or less square.Much easier to catch.

Click image for larger version  Name:	2021-01-13 12_21_13.jpg Views:	0 Size:	42.3 KB ID:	1136506
                      Last edited by marcus2300; 01-13-2021, 05:48 AM.

Comment

Unfortunately you can't configure the height of the ChartTrader buttons. I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. I will follow up with an internal tracking number for your reference as soon as it is created.

Comment

Unfortunately you can't configure the height of the ChartTrader buttons. I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. I will follow up with an internal tracking number for your reference as soon as it is created.

It is just a layout problem, should be easy to change. Just resize the buttons.
                          I think it can only be done in the "Trade Control On the Left" version. There is plenty of free space for it.

The standard Superdom has no room left.

Thanks for your help and patience.

But I make myself no illusion that this will never be implemented (like a lot of other requests).
                          Last edited by marcus2300; 01-13-2021, 06:46 AM.

Comment

Thanks for your patience.

The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-2571. Please reference this internal tracking number when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:

Comment

No wasting valuable screen space is a feature request?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by michi08, 10-05-2018, 09:31 AM
                              5 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                              Started by The_Sec, Today, 02:29 PM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes