Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Open Order Handling when computer is disconnected.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Open Order Handling when computer is disconnected.

how are open orders on futures positions handled relative to my local machine?

is, when the connection is lost, the computer is off, or the Ninja Trader Software program is "closed" or exited?

Hello hdge4u,

Simulated orders (i.e. submitted to the Sim101 account) would be simulated locally on your PC, so they would not be able to function in the event of a connection loss or shut down.

What happens to your live orders in the event of a connection loss or disconnection would depend on who you are connected to as well as the state the orders themselves are in. However, it is worth noting that once the platform is shut down, ATM (Advanced Trade Management) functionality would not be available. That is, the platform cannot submit or manage Stop Loss or Profit Target orders while the platform is shut down.

More information at the below link:Once Accepted or Working, however, your Stop Loss and Profit Target would adhere to the same rules mentioned in the below link for your data provider. I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over where your orders reside.I have also provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over order state definitions.Please don't hesitate to let me know should you have any further questions!
    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

would the live order handling be in effect when a stop loss and limit is created from the ATM Strategy without any additional conditions?

Comment

nevermind your link answered the question. thanks!

Comment

Hi, I have a related question about this topic.
          If a have a working order with both a stop loss and a take profit already set and my machine gets disconnect (or I go to sleep), will those limit orders work?
          The links above don´t work anymore. Also, I'm not using any third party, my account is on NT Brokerage.
          Thanks!

Comment

Hello Alex2023,

Thank you for your post.
            If you lose connection, I advise that you immediately reach out to your broker's Orders Desk to confirm and manage your live orders and position.
            What happens to your live orders in the event of a connection loss or disconnection would depend on who you are connected to as well as the state the orders themselves are in.

Once the platform is shut down, ATM functionality would not be available. The platform cannot submit or manage Stop Loss or Profit Target orders while the platform is shut down.

Here is a link to our Help Guide that goes over where your orders reside.
            Additionally, here is a link below to our Help Guide that goes over order state definitions.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.​
            Eduardo R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Eduardo, thank you for your reply.

But this is where I get confused. In the link is stated that:
              Continuum
              Orders in a state "Accepted" or "Working" are at the brokerage or exchange.

I tested this with a working order in my live account (I entered in a running trade) and both the Stop Limit and the Take Profit orders are shown in these states.
              If I understand correctly, it's not the platform that triggers the closing orders (SL or TP) because they reside at the brokerage and it wouldn't matter if the program is disconnected...
              Is this right or am I missing something?

Thanks again!
              Last edited by Alex2023; 03-23-2023, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Hello Alex2023,

Thank you very much for your reply.

You are indeed correct about this. Once the exit orders are submitted, the platform can disconnect and the orders would still execute.

Advanced ATM features, such as auto trail and auto breakeven, however, would not function when used with NinjaTrader 8.0x

However, with NinjaTrader 8.1, we have introduced server-side ATM strategies. This also allows these features if an order is submitted and the platform closed, or if the order is submitted through our web and mobile platforms.

For more information in this regard, please see below:

Please don't hesitate to let us know, should you have any further questions!
                Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Manfred View Post
                  Hello hdge4u,

Simulated orders (i.e. submitted to the Sim101 account) would be simulated locally on your PC, so they would not be able to function in the event of a connection loss or shut down.

What happens to your live orders in the event of a connection loss or disconnection would depend on who you are connected to as well as the state the orders themselves are in. However, it is worth noting that once the platform is shut down, ATM (Advanced Trade Management) functionality would not be available. That is, the platform cannot submit or manage Stop Loss or Profit Target orders while the platform is shut down.

More information at the below link:Once Accepted or Working, however, your Stop Loss and Profit Target would adhere to the same rules mentioned in the below link for your data provider. I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over where your orders reside.I have also provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over order state definitions.Please don't hesitate to let me know should you have any further questions!
                  Hey Manfred. Those links don't work
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hello Adamcoin33

Thank you for informing us.

I am posting Manfred's message with the working links below.

"Simulated orders (i.e. submitted to the Sim101 account) would be simulated locally on your PC, so they would not be able to function in the event of a connection loss or shut down.

More information at the below link:Once Accepted or Working, however, your Stop Loss and Profit Target would adhere to the same rules mentioned in the below link for your data provider. I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over where your orders reside.I have also provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over order state definitions.Please don't hesitate to let me know should you have any further questions!"​
                    Erick P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok thanks for the info

Comment

The middle link isn't working btw
                        Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
                        0 responses