Removing old SIM Positions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing old SIM Positions

I was using my TDA connection for SIM trades on a single broker lifetime license. Upon switching to PhillipCapital and Continum as the data provider, i cannot obtain equity quotes to flatten this open SIM position. to do so would require Ninja brokerage to re activate TDA to flatten a SIM trade.

I would like to remove the open position so that the system does not keep notifying me that i have one position open. Also, in the event I have a real open position upon exiting NT8, I do not want to disregard the warning.

I simply want to remove the open position on a SIM account or data feed i no longer have access to. please advise.

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

You can reset the Simulation account to resolve this issue, and the warning for open positions upon exiting will remain in place.

Resetting a simulation account will clear all historical trade data from this account. Please follow the instructions below to reset a simulation account:
    • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the Accounts tab
    • Right click on your simulation account and select 'Edit Account'
    • Press the "Reset" button
    Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

the offending order is related to a SIM account that was connected to TDA and one I no longer have access to because the TDA data feed was replaced with the Ninja Continuum. I only have a single broker license.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

The simulation account in the NinjaTrader platform is not connected to any specific provider. Also, the simulation account data held locally within the platform.

You may lose access to certain instrument data by switching providers, but you should still be able to reset the simulation account to flatten any positions, regardless of provider connection.

Check out our help guide on the simulation account for more info: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...simulation.htm

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

i get an error code: there is no market data available to drive simulation engine. affected order buy to cover 100 market.

Comment

Hello hdge4u,

Please send me your log and trace files directly from the platform rather than posting them here, since they may contain personally identifiable information, so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2898643 ATTN Conner S. and include a link to this post in the body of the email.

Looking forward to your inquiry.

Comment

support email sent.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by elirion, Today, 01:36 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post elirion
              by elirion