HELP -- Can't Connect To NT Continuum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP -- Can't Connect To NT Continuum

8PM EST cannot connect to ninjatrader continuum. I have tried repeatedly since then, restarting modem/machine/ninjatrader, and updating ninjatrader. All to no avail.

This is the error message I receive: "Failed to process 'ToAdapterThread': Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

The error message is triggered 10+ times and then the green/red/yellow connection light just stays yellow.

I don't understand why this is happening. I was connected successfully all day. I disconnected after market close and then went to reconnect later in the day and this was the result. I changed nothing in between market close and trying to reconnect, and it's a weekday so I am assuming there is no maintenance going on. Does anybody have any ideas? know something I don't about why this is occurring? recognize the error message? thank you.

Hello lunardiplomacy,

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files in an email.
    • Open Windows File Explorer (hotkey = Windows key + E) Then navigate to, "Documents" (sometimes called, "My Documents") > 'NinjaTrader 8' folder
    • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to "platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com".
    • Put "Att Jason, 2900655" in the subject field of the email.
    • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      Hello lunardiplomacy,

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files in an email.
      • Open Windows File Explorer (hotkey = Windows key + E) Then navigate to, "Documents" (sometimes called, "My Documents") > 'NinjaTrader 8' folder
      • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
      • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to "platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com".
      • Put "Att Jason, 2900655" in the subject field of the email.
      PLEASE HELP

The same issue is occurring as before. Last time it was happening at night but I was able to connect fine the next morning without taking any further action than that above, but now I have missed market open because it is happening this morning again and I still can't connect.

What do I do? Am I going to miss the whole trading day?

Comment

Hello lunardiplomacy,

Can you please send me the log and trace files as per post #2.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Okay Jason, thank you for the response. Sent those over to you just now.

Comment

What was the solution ?? Same problem.

Comment

Hello Lobo and other users,

Thank you for writing in.

Any time you have trouble connecting to your account, it would be recommended to reach out to the platform support team directly as it allows us to discuss you and your connection information in greater depth as much of it is private information that we wouldn't want to share over the forum.

You may use the steps below to send us your log and trace files:
              • Open Windows File Explorer (hotkey = Windows key + E) Then navigate to, "Documents" (sometimes called, "My Documents") > 'NinjaTrader 8' folder or "NinjaTrader 7' folder
              • Right-click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
              • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT}com
              • Body of email: Explain what is going on and what you have tried so far

If you are having network connection issues, you will want to follow all of the steps listed below first as these would be the first steps we would recommend and perform to troubleshoot things ourselves

The thing to remember is that a connection state between NinjaTrader and your broker/market data vendor is not dictated by NinjaTrader.
              • The NinjaTrader application only reports the connection state as it is reported by the API you are connected through.
              • NinjaTrader behaves like a radio receiver in that it receives signals from the connected server. If the signals are not coming through, the underlying broker/market data vendor API reports this to the NinjaTrader application which in turn reports this back to you. Once a loss of connection is reported, NinjaTrader or the underlying API will continuously try to re-establish a connection.

If you are ever experiencing issues connecting to your account/market data, please begin by following all of the following steps:
              • Reach out to your Broker directly and confirm that the account is active and ready to be connected to in the first place
              • Restart your Modem, Router, and PC to refresh the internet connection.
              • Connect your PC directly to the Modem with an Ethernet cable if possible.
              • Ensure that NinjaTrader has been allowed through the Windows Firewall on all networks. Please follow along with this infographic:
              • Ensure that NinjaTrader has been added to any 'Exceptions' or 'Allowed Programs/Apps' kind of list within your antivirus software.
              • If you need to add NinjaTrader manually, the file path is as follows:
              • This PC > Local Disk (C: ) > Program Files (x86) > NinjaTrader 8 > bin64 > NinjaTrader.exe
              • If you are unsure of how to do this, what antivirus software is on your computer?
              • If you are using a VPN, Turn it off
              • Ensure that your computer is not turning off your Network Adapter to conserve power:
              • Right-click on your Start button
              • Select 'Device Manager'
              • Expand 'Network Adapters'
              • Right-click on your Network Adapter and select Properties > Power Management
              • Uncheck 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' option
              • Click 'OK' to save the changes
              • Do this for all Network Adapters
              • Clear your DNS
              • Open the Command Prompt by clicking the Windows icon and typing "Command"
              • Select 'Command Prompt'
              • Either copy and paste or type the following command: ipconfig /flushdns
              • Press Enter to make it run
              • If you are still unable to connect after performing all of the steps above, reach out to your Internet Service Provider directly and ask if there are any known outages or issues with the internet in your area
                • Then have them run diagnostics and refresh your Internet/Network and then try again.

If you are still unable to connect or having connection loss issues, reach out to NinjaTrader Platform support with the requested files and information as mentioned at the top of this response so we may look into the diagnostic files and see if there is anything else that could be affecting the connection.
              Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

In case anyone is experiencing the SPECIFIC error message listed in the original post which relates to "ToAdapterThread", a solution which I have found to work is to go Documents > Ninjatrader8 > db and delete the Ninjatrader.sdf file in the db folder. Ninjatrader will create a new sdf upon launch. I don't know why exactly this works, it may have something to do with corruption, but it has worked for me as a band-aid fix on multiple occasions.

Good luck!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
                4 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post arvidvanstaey  
                Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
                16 responses
                0 likes