Interactive Brokers (IB) index CFD symbols with incorrect POINT VALUE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interactive Brokers (IB) index CFD symbols with incorrect POINT VALUE

The instrument UK100 (IBGB100||||GBP) has a Point value of 0.1, it should be 1.0
    Same with other IB index cfd instrument, like GER30, US30...

I know I can change it from the instrument properties, but it gets overwritten when updating instrument list from the server.

Thank you.

Hello barabba,

Thank you for using NinjaTrader.

Sometimes Interactive Brokers quotes some instruments differently than other data providers, hence the discrepancies and need to change the Tick Size manually for these Instruments.

So I may accurately assist you further with this, please write into PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]Com along with your log and trace files and a link to this forum post.

Please also include a screenshot of IBGB100 in your TWS/IB Gateway so I may better compare their quotes to what is being received in NinjaTrader.

Follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response so I may investigate this matter further.
    • Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
    • Right-click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
    • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Thank you in advance for these files. I look forward to assisting you further. 

Justin D.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for answer.

However, I am not referring to the Tick Size, which seems correct, but to the "Point value", which, to my understanding, is how many units of currency a difference of 1 point is worth for 1 contract. This affect profit calculation in chart trader, for example.

IB index CFD all have a Point value of 1 unit of currency (called "Multiplier" in IB wording):

Comment

Hello barabba,

Thank you for your response.

The Point Size will actually be the smallest increment change the Instrument will be able to make on the left side of an Instrument. Within NinjaTrader, the Point Size is .1 and the Tick Size is set to .01 for UK100, meaning that the database is set to have a Point Size of 10 cents while the price changes by increments of 1 cent.

Interactive Brokers, on the other hand, have their Point Size set to 1 for UK100, meaning that 1 point for UK100 is 1 dollar, but the price moves at increments of 1 cent.

If you would like to change NinjaTrader 8's settings for UK100 to match IB, you may do so from the Control Center > Tools > Instruments window. Search for and select 'UK100' from the list of Instruments, and then hit the 'edit' button to view and manage all of its available settings.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
        Justin D.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by r68cervera, Today, 05:29 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post r68cervera  
        Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes