Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Anyone Successful Using Color the Plot Indicator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone Successful Using Color the Plot Indicator?

I'm curious if anyone successfully downloaded and used the Color the Plot Indicator by NT PaulH? I downloaded the file and it was added to my Indicator list. However, when I clicked on the Color the Plot Indicator to apply it to a chart, nothing like the video showed up. It was unworkable. I'm beginning to think that the Indicator simply doesn't work with the latest NT update: NT8: 8.0.23.2.

Any input or ideas from anyone please. Maybe I should go back to version NT8: 8.0.22.2?

Hello SharonSS,

Can you please tell me what indicator you select as Input series for the Color the Plot indicator.

When I test it on my end (8.0.23.2) and use the EMA indicator as input series, it works as seen in the video.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

it's working today for me on the previous version 8.0.22.2 . input series is the chart itself. it might be the version, but the indicator was released 3 days after 8.0.23

Comment

Hello,

Can you provide a screenshot of what you see when applying this indicator to the chart on the current version?
        Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanS View Post
          Hello,

Can you provide a screenshot of what you see when applying this indicator to the chart on the current version?
          Thanks for NT Jason and jjaffa input! NT Ryan S, unfortunately I deleted the indicator from NT8. I had considered making a screen shot and obviously should have. However, I will redownload Color the Plot sometime in the next few days and get back to you or NT Jason on this thread. At least I know something is amiss on my end which is important info. (Have to delay due to figuring out new cell phone.)

Comment

I downloaded the Color the Plot three times now. Tried it with having EMAs in chart's Indicator list and without. Tried it with Minute and Tick charts besides my usual 10Range chart, and tried it with a black background in case it didn't like white background. LOL

Here is a snip and copy of what I get. As you see, there is absolutely no option to chose an indicator. Also when the Indicator is clicked on, a 2 ema (I assume) shows on the chart. My first download was a 3 ema. I could choose the width of the line and that's about it besides color.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Color the Plot.png
Views:	511
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	1136399

Comment

I've attached the plot I get when using these settings, is this the chart you are seeing on your end?
              Can I confirm you've watched the instructional video in the download page to ensure it is being setup as you intend to use it?
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Following up, you mention not being able to set this to the EMA. Can I confirm you have the 'input series' setting set to the EMA within this indicator's settings?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanS View Post
                  I've attached the plot I get when using these settings, is this the chart you are seeing on your end?
                  Can I confirm you've watched the instructional video in the download page to ensure it is being setup as you intend to use it?
                  Yes, that is what I was seeing. However, in regards to both this post and your next one I add that yes, I've watched NT Paul's superb video several times - in fact it's on my Desktop. The problem was that I totally missed Step 1 of his video which prevented the Indicator to open. Tues. evening I paused the video at his first instruction and saw where I screwed up. I now have all the CTP EMAs I want plus Macd and stochastic set up the way I want. Thanks again for everyone's input. Guess these old 79 year old eyes aren't what they used to be.

Comment

Hi Sharon,

I was looking for info on BLine for NT 8 but found your old post for NT 7.

Can you kindly post couple of charts of different instruments with entire BLine with all the indicators for NT 8 version ?

I would like to see how BLine looks in NT 8 version.

Many Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by neal5 View Post
                      Hi Sharon,

I was looking for info on BLine for NT 8 but found your old post for NT 7.

Can you kindly post couple of charts of different instruments with entire BLine with all the indicators for NT 8 version ?

I would like to see how BLine looks in NT 8 version.

Many Thanks
                      Sorry, don't have Bline charts as I don't use that template. Also there is no BLine NT8. The person who made that template is no longer with NinjaTrader. If you want to use that template, then stick with NT7 or pay one of NinjaTrader's suggested programmers to upgrade. I imagine that would be quite expensive though, but what do I know. Best Luck to you!

Comment

Originally posted by SharonSS View Post

Sorry, don't have Bline charts as I don't use that template. Also there is no BLine NT8. The person who made that template is no longer with NinjaTrader. If you want to use that template, then stick with NT7 or pay one of NinjaTrader's suggested programmers to upgrade. I imagine that would be quite expensive though, but what do I know. Best Luck to you!
                        I understand Sharon. Thank you for replying to my post.

Comment

Hi,
                          Has there been any update on this thread in terms of getting the Bline template in Ninja Trader 8 please?
                          Thanks!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by Stanfillirenfro, Yesterday, 09:19 AM
                          7 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                          Started by TraderCro, 04-12-2024, 11:36 AM
                          4 responses
                          0 likes