Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbee Market Analyzer not populating

Hello,

I'm new to NT8 and just getting my legs under me setting things up.
    I purchased NCS and have that setup on my charts and have also figured out oscillators, indicators, time frames, linking windows, and how to save my work.
    Where I'm having problems is with the Market Analyzer.
    1. keep getting this Error window that says "Error on requesting bars series: The symbol name for LIN is invalid. Check your symbol map." Well, I'm not searching LIN or doing anything with it but I continue to have the window pop up every few minutes.

2. THIS IS THE BIG ONE: I have 5 columns: Instruments (Dow 500), NCS, Last Price, Average Daily Vol, RSI 14, 3.
    The Instruments columns populates fine (and shows price change).
    The Last Price populates fine (I have even established stocks below $75.00)
    But the NCS doesn't show anything period, the Volume column shows nothing, and RSI is blank as well.

I my data is linked to my TD Ameratrader account and green (I have tried both 32 and 64 bit with no difference) and I'm have things otherwise set for a Daily time frame. Earlier when I was playing with the Analyzer NCS and Volume were both working but I failed to save my work space properly.
    I can well imagine I have created a conflict within the Analyzer but for the life of me I can't figured it out.

Thanks
    Bruce
    Last edited by watchinggoodman; 01-05-2021, 02:55 PM.

Hello watchinggoodman (Bruce),

Thank you for creating your post with these details today.
    1. Regarding the first error you mention, this can typically occur if there is an instance where the platform is trying to access the market data for this instrument, however by default the Symbol Mapping that is entered for the TD Ameritrade symbol map is not correct. Is this an instrument you have opened previously? Are you trying to access the Linde plc stock instrument? If not, one way to resolve would be to remove the instrument from the instruments window. You can do so by going to the Control Center > Tools > Instruments > Search the LINN instrument that is being referenced and then you can click remove to remove this instrument.
    2. To clarify, in the Market Analyzer, you have 5 different columns set up. When you mention the NCS, which item is it exactly that you are referring to that is applied?
      Could you attach a screenshot of the Market Analyzer columns applied and the settings that are applied?

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using the Windows Snipping Tool.

Click here for instructions

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Click here for detailed instruction
    Thank you in advance, I look forward to hearing from you once more.

Comment

Thanks for your response and help.

I just deleted LINN from the DOW 500 list ... we'll see.

Sorry, NCS ... Nison Candlestick Scanner
      Since posting I've discovered my "no stock greater than $75.00" is flawed because some of the blanks that you can see are mixed, hiding some stock that are over and some that are under $75..

Hope this helps clarify - thanks for your time

Bruce
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello watchinggoodman,

Thank you for your response with these details.

So we can analyze and investigate this behavior further, please send us your diagnostic log and trace files.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2907460 ATTN Brendan

Thank you in advance, I look forward to hearing from you once more.

Comment

Hi Brendan,

Email sent.

Bruce​​​​​​​

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
          5 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred