Clear LIVE Trade Performance Log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clear LIVE Trade Performance Log

My Trade Performance log continues to get misaligned pairing sell with buys and vice versa. So I end up having to file my trading log with executions which is tedious. How do I reset my actual live trade log so I can reset the trade pairs when this happens? Thanks

Hello TomTownsend,

Thank you for your post.

I'd like to preface this with the fact that the Trade Performance report has no bearing on actual trades that occurred and should always be considered secondary to your brokerage statement. NinjaTrader has no concept of 'trades', but simply pairs together executions.
    There are many reasons why a Trade Performance report can become out of sync. A few examples of this:
    • Partial fills
    • Holding overnight positions
    • Running a report from a start date on which you were not flat
    • Using another program to place an order will not show this order in NinjaTrader, including another instance of NinjaTrader on another computer.

We advise that you rename your database to resolve this item using the following steps:
    • Shutdown NinjaTrader and Go to the Start Menu
    • Select My Documents--> NinjaTrader 8--> db--> "NinjaTrader.sdf" file (may only say 'NinjaTrader' depending on your Windows File Explorer settings)
    • Right click on NinjaTrader.sdf and select "Rename" *Name it "OLDNinjaTrader.sdf"
    • Then restart the software and NinjaTrader will create a fresh database file to use
    • Unfortunately the following items stored in the old database will be lost - Trading Hours templates, Instrument Lists / Custom Instruments, historical trade execution data, saved Strategy Analyzer backtest results

To prevent running into situations where you can potentially lose important data, we advise running regular backups via our inbuilt backup feature in NinjaTrader - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...up_archive.htm

Please feel free to write in with any additional NinjaTrader items we may assist with.
    Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by rajendrasubedi2023, Today, 09:50 AM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
    Started by geotrades1, Today, 10:02 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes