Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Problem with historical data (Kinetick paid)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with historical data (Kinetick paid)

Hello!

I'm working with NT8 for a couple of weeks, and to be honest, i experience problem after problem...

I don't talk about market replay, because this stressed me out yesterday.

I paid for a Kinetick data feed, and i simply can't load the data i need for range bars. One week ago, it wasn't a problem but since this week it just loads data back to 07/2020.

But now i want simply, manually backtest my strategy with historical data - it doesn't work.

What am i doing wrong?

- I'm connected to may paid Kinetick account
    - I downloaded historical data
    - I set up the date ranges in the chart

Hello Interstellar_Being,

Range bars require historical tick data. Kinetick provides the following amount of historical data:
    • 180 calendar days of historical tick data (for building tick based charts, such as range and volume)
    • 2 years of historical minute data
    • 10 years of historical daily data
    Commonly traded symbols will typically have even more extensive historical minute and daily data available.

Keep in mind when requesting tick data between the hours of 9:30 AM and 4:30 PM EST, you will have access to 8 days of historical tick data with Kineick. If you request the data outside those hours, the full 180 days is available. After you request the data, it will be downloaded to your historical database and cache so you can access this data at any time.

JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok, i understand. But are there any data feed providers which provide more historical tick data?

But what i don't understand is, why was i able to load data for range bars of 2019 a week ago?

Comment

We support the following other data feed providers in NinjaTrader. I'm not sure how much historical tick data they offer. Please clarify with the data feed provider.
        • BarChart
        • eSignal
        • IQFeed
        I'm not sure why you were able to load more historical tick data before.

Comment

Hi Support
          Am I able to add Historical Tick data of 180 days for a different time period in Kinetick (say from the date range period of 360 days to 180 days ago)??? Its still a 180 day period, just a different date range. Thanks a lot

Comment

Hello P Marshall,

Unfortunately not, you can load 180 days of historical tick data from the current day.

Comment

Can I eliminate the ES off times? From Fri Market close to Sunday night open
              Thanks

Comment

Do you know where there are instructions on exporting this file into a external drive? I'd like to access it in my laptop, if required.
                Thanks

Comment

I'm not sure if the 180 days include off days. I suggest to create a tick based chart and request 365 days of historical data. Then check how far back the data is loaded.

You can export historical data present in NinjaTrader in .txt files as per the instructions at the link below.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
                  3 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
                  Started by yertle, Today, 08:38 AM
                  5 responses
                  0 likes