Future update Suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Future update Suggestion

I would like to have the ability too see the active window on a workspace highlighted. Would be most helpful especially with multiple monitors. Also, the ability to have the mouse cursor go to the primary monitor via a right click menu option selection or a hotkey

Hello Trader JK,

If the default title-bar highlight is not visible enough, one way to modify this would be through the skin's XML file directly.

You may find this file in the folder named after the skin you have selected.

To modify this, please first click on Tools > Options and take note of the 'Skin' selected under General (by default, "Slate Gray").

Once you know which skin you are using, please open the "BluePrint.XAML" file in this skin's folder. For the "Slate Gray" skin this would be in the following folder:

(My) Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > templates > Skins > Slate Gray > BluePrint.xaml

Click image for larger version  Name:	blueprint.png Views:	0 Size:	54.4 KB ID:	1135378

This file may be opened with any text editor, e.g. the Windows Notepad.

In line 379ff you will find the color that is currently selected for the active window, this is listed as 1e1e1e (a darkish grey in this case) and is listed under the "<!-- Gradient for window caption bar background -->" entry:

Click image for larger version  Name:	color1.png Views:	0 Size:	21.0 KB ID:	1135379

If this is changed to a different value, it would then change the color of the active window. While any combination of RGB values may be used, I took CC0000 and 440000 as example:

Click image for larger version  Name:	color2.png Views:	0 Size:	21.8 KB ID:	1135380

If changed to these values, the active window would then appear in a dark red:

Click image for larger version  Name:	color3.png Views:	0 Size:	35.8 KB ID:	1135381

Please note; I would always suggest making a backup copy of any files you plan to modify directly, that way you may always revert a change, if necessary.

Regarding your second question; Unfortunately, NinjaTrader would not have any control over moving your mouse cursor, as this is solely controlled by Windows itself.

However, there are various third-party applications (both paid and Freeware) that enable features such as this.

In this regard, I would suggest an internet search for something along the lines of "hotkey to center mouse on main screen".

Should you have any further questions in this regard, please don't hesitate to let me know!
    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Great tweak and very helpful!!! thanks a bunch

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by RideMe, 04-07-2024, 04:54 PM
      6 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post RideMe
      by RideMe