Feature #13754 - Delay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature #13754 - Delay

I recently upgraded to the version in which Feature #13754 was introduced. Unfortunately now when I type a symbol into a chart or any other input field (like strategy analyzer) there is a serious 7 second delay before the instrument is shown.

So when I want to input for example TSLA, I don't see anything appear for 7 seconds and then the search window with the instruments appear. Is there any way I can disable this feature? It's almost impossible for me to switch quickly between instruments with such a big delay.

I do have thousands of symbols in my library so perhaps the new feature is not optimized for such a big database?

Kind regards,

To clarify, feature #13754 is defined as "Added a quick search enhancement to the instrument selector" and was released as part of the 8.0.21.0 update on February 25th 2020.

The most common reason users experience the delay you're describing is an oversized or corrupted database file.

What is the size of your database file? To check, follow these steps:
    • Navigate to Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Double left click on the 'db' folder
    • Right-click on 'NinjaTrader.sdf' (may only say 'NinjaTrader' depending on your Windows settings) > Properties
    • Tell me the size
    Does the symptom behavior change at all depending on if you're connected to data or disconnected from data? Try disconnecting from data then changing a chart's symbol via the instrument overlay feature you're describing.

Comment

Hello Patrick,

My database file is 21,052KB .. So around 20MB

I think I have around 35000 symbols in my database. (30000 OTC, 3000 Nasdaq and some others)

Comment

I suspect that it's the pure amount of symbols that is causing the symptom, then. The 'default' NinjaTrader database only contains around 1000 instruments. Please send me your database, log, and trace files so that I may investigate further.
        • You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support
        • Expand 'Other files' and enable 'Database file'.
        • Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2911699 ATTN Patrick G

Comment

Hi Patrick,

I have done as you suggested. Awaiting your response. Thank you for picking up this issue. Kind regards,

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
          47 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post aligator  
          Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post jaybedreamin