Starting NT8 in a different workspace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting NT8 in a different workspace

I have temporarily packed up my trading computer and monitors due to a move to a new location. My last workspace included 5 monitors. I may temporarily need to re-start NT8 with 3 monitors. If I start NT normally, it will default to the prior workspace, which will not fit on 3 monitors, and my layout will get messed up. Is there any way to, prior to starting the prior 5-monitor workspace, that I could start with a new workspace?

Alternatively, if I do start with the prior 5-monitor workspace, then save it as a new workspace onto the three monitors, then delete the extra charts, then save the new workspace, will the prior 5-monitor workspace still be configured the way I left it before?

Thanks
    Rick

Hello Rick,

Yes, please go to Documents-->NinjaTrader 8-->workspaces and transfer the workspace in question temporarily to your desktop. Start NinjaTrader and it will not open the workspace anymore. You can create a new workspace at Control Center-->Workspaces by clicking new in the lower right corner.

No, the workspace will be saved in the state it is last saved. So it will be saved without the extra charts you delete. You could make a copy of the workspace before these steps so you have 2 versions of the workspace, one for 3 monitors and one for 5 monitors..
    • Shut down NinjaTrader.
    • Navigate to Documents-->NinjaTrader 8-->workspaces.
    • Right click the workspace and select Copy.
    • Right click and select Paste.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Jltarrau, Today, 05:57 AM
    3 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Jltarrau  
    Started by f.saeidi, Today, 05:56 AM
    2 responses