Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zoom button not working

Hi Support,

I have been unable to get the Zoom feature to work for some time. I am using Version 8.0.23.2 64-bit . The Log has no output and neither does the script output locations. Basically it fails silently. Thank you for your assistance.

martin

Hello MartinT,

Does the cursor change after you click the Zoom-in icon on the chart toolbar? If not, please tell me at what exact step the Zoom-in function fails.

Do you experience the issue when running NinjaTrader in safe mode? Safe mode will prevent NinjaTrader from:
    • Loading workspaces.
    • Connecting on start-up.
    • Loading custom assemblies.
    • Getting instrument updates from the server.

To enable safe mode, please use the following steps:
    • Exit NinjaTrader.
    • Hold the CONTROL key and double click the NinjaTrader icon.
    • Keep the CONTROL key held down until you see the Control Center.
    • You can verify you are in safe mode by going to Help -> About.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason,
      Thank you for replying. I have restarted NinjaTrader 8 in Safe Mode. I looked for some indication I was in Safe Mode as you suggested by looking in Help -> About but I didn't see anyting to indicate Safe Mode. I understood I was in Safe Mode because there was no Auto Connection and I did not have any workspace startup.

I Connected to Kinetick and open a small WorkSpace. I tried the Zoom feature. It performed as before failing silently. The cursor did change to a "+" Cross Hairs. After placing this cursor at my test zoom location on the charted I left clicked and nothing happened. Although the cursor changed back to Normal. At that time the chart was fully "zoomed" out using the Ctrl PgUP key Combo. I am using a Renko 8 with chart style "Open/Close".

Looking forward to your assistance,

martin

Comment

Hello MartinT,

Thank you for your reply.

There are two methods to zoom on a chart; one method is by using the toolbar at the top where you click on the Zoom In icon (magnifying glass with a + symbol) and the other method is to right-click on your chart and select Zoom In from the list. Both methods should change your cursor to a + as you described, and then when you left-click on your chart with that + it should zoom in on that section. Do you experience the same behavior when trying from the toolbar as when you use the right-click menu?

If the issue persists, please send your log and trace files to platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please include a link to this forum post and reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2914355 ATTN Emily

Thank you so much for your patience. I look forward to resolving this item with you.
        Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi EmilyC,

I have sent the requested email. The failure was the same using either of the means to select the Zoom feature.

martin

Comment

Hello MartinT,

Thank you for your patience with this topic.

I would like to respond here as well as in our support ticket regarding the zoom function; one thing that I did not think to test on your platform was to actually enable the zoom function, then left-click and drag the mouse across the chart to draw the region you would like to zoom in on. In my own platform, I typically zoom with just a single click and do not draw a region, although the zoom function is meant to be used where you can specify a box on the chart to zoom in and fit to the window. Please refer to the help guide section here that describes how to zoom on a chart:

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...AndOutInAChart

I apologize in advance if this resolves your inquiry. I should have thought of it sooner!

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
            Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi EmilyC,

Thank you for helping me through my problem. If I had only selected an area with the Zoom tool I would not have reached out. You know reading the manual or what amounts to reading the manual can go a real long way.

Thanks Again,

martin

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by thanajo, 05-04-2021, 02:11 AM
              3 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post tradingnasdaqprueba  
              Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
              0 responses