Understanding ParabolicSAR and Use Cases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Understanding ParabolicSAR and Use Cases

Was hoping someone could point me in the right direction on how best to use the data that comes out of this. I dropped the ParabolicSAR into a dot plot and see some interesting things here and there. I've got it showing up here on the Goldenrod color.

Watching the replays it seems to almost front run the move back the other way sometimes and others is a leading indicator so I'm not sure what to do with it. This one was interesting so I'm attaching it for an example. Price continued down from this point for quite awhile, but I'm not sure if that was just a big outlier that means nothing yet because I don't see this occurring anywhere else in the replays.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-01-10_13-45-21.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	1136022

Hoping to get a discussion going on this, or at least some information on best place to read up.

Thanks!

Hello DogEars,

This does not appear to an inquiry about NinjaScript or code in C#, and appears to be asking for trading advice about inferring meaning from the ParabolicSar.

As this is not asking about C# code, I've moved this to the Platform Technical Support section of the forums.

As this is asking for trading advice, I cannot answer this but will leave this to the community to provide opinions.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by ttrader23, Today, 09:04 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post ttrader23  
    Started by geotrades1, Today, 07:54 AM
    8 responses
    0 likes