Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Enter limit orders through chart trader outside from the current price?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enter limit orders through chart trader outside from the current price?

Hi I was wondering if there is a way to set up a series of orders using the chart trader or an add-on for the chart trader. For instance, if a stock was trading at 50.00 and I want to enter limits at 49.50, 49.00, 48.00 and then once they are filled, have an ATM strategy automatically added to each of these orders, and then potentially use the chart trader to exit the trades. Is this possible?

Hello dr0832,

You will have to submit the entry orders manually in ChartTrader. If you want the entry orders automated, you would have to create a NinjaScript automated strategy.

If you submit the entry orders manually and you don't want the ATM orders combined, please right click in ChartTrader and select Properties. Set 'ATM strategy selection mode' to 'Keep selected ATM strategy template on order submission' before you submit the first entry order. Please see the link below for information on the ATM strategy selection mode.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for your response. But is it possible to enter a limit buy order manually below the current price and have a line shown on the chart trader where that limit is? I know I can do this with a stop-limit buy above the current price that will enter when the price moves up to the level, but I want to do this for when a stock drops to a specific price.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, you may certainly place a buy limit order below the current market price.

To do so, first ensure Chart Trader is active on the chart in question, then right click on the chart at the price level where you wish to place the order and select 'Buy Limit' from the right-click menu.

Here is more information about placing limit orders on the chart:
        Please let us know if you have any further questions.
        Melissa J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Gerik, Today, 09:40 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Gerik
        by Gerik

Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
        2 responses