Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connection Query - IBKR

Hi,

I have been connecting from NT8 to my IBKR live account with no problems previously. I have had the Global Configuration for IBKR set to Read Only API. Today I have tried to connect IBKR to NT8 and a message pops up asking for the API to be changed to write. I do not want this, and so I close the window and the connection light on the NT8 Control Centre is amber.

I have checked the connection guide and my settings are correct as per the instructions.

How do I get a connection but whilst keeping the API as read only?

Thanks,
    Ed.

Hello Ed,

If the "Read-Only API" setting is enabled, you will not be able to submit orders to your IB account. You will only be able to receive data and view account information. As a test, if you disable this setting, are you able to connect successful?

What TWS version do you currently have installed?

Can you please tell me what the connection error exactly states.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for replying so quickly. I am okay not to set order, I want to protect my live account by having the API as read only. For some reason though the light was amber and never turned to green. Tried looking for an explanation online for that but couldn't,

Ed.

Comment

Just as a test, are you able to connect if you disable the "Read-Only API" setting? You could enable "Global Simulation Mode" in NinjaTrader at Control Center-->Tools. This way the Sim101 account will be selected in the Account field of each NinjaTrader order entry window. You will not be able to select your IB live account in NinjaTrader when 'Global Simulation Mode' is enabled.

Can you please tell me what TWS version you have installed.

In addition, please let me know what the connection error exactly states or post a screenshot of the error message.

Comment

Okay, I'll try the Simulation mode. It does connect when I disable "Read Only API".

I use TWS build 978.2c.

I haven't had a connection error. The only message is about the API request. The connection light doesn't change from amber.

Comment

I tested it on my end with Read-Only API enabled and it did not allow me to connect either. Please enable this setting to establish a successful connection. I recommend to keep 'Global Simulation Mode' enabled in NinjaTrader, so you can't submit orders to your IB account accidently.

Comment

Okay thanks for trying. Strange that I didn't need to do this previously. I'll definitely put Global Simulation Mode on!

Cheers,
              Ed.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by jclose, Today, 09:37 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post jclose
              by jclose

Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM