Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Still having problems where NT8 will not reconnect to IB after a brief disconnect.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still having problems where NT8 will not reconnect to IB after a brief disconnect.

Hello,
    I am using IB trader workstation 978.2c and NT8 at at least once a day when IB has a brief connection loss, as they frequently do (not just the nightly one, but very brief connection loss early in the AM or around noon, or during the nightly connection loss), NT will not reconnect to IB afterward. From then on every order I try to place or modify will give me an error saying "account not connected" until I manually disconnect from IB and then reconnect. Then everything will work fine until the next time this happens. This does not occur every single time IB disconnects, but just occasionally, generally occurring once a day.

I can also reproduce this by just unplugging my ethernet cable briefly and then plugging it back in.

I would greatly appreciate any help to fix this and make my NT8 usable again....
    Last edited by RobotSyndicate; 01-11-2021, 05:10 PM.

Hello RobotSyndicate,

I'd like to take a look at your log & trace files, to see if NinjaTrader notices this disconnect or if any errors are reported when it occurs.

Could you forward your log & trace files to us? You may do this directly through the platform by clicking on Help > Email Support.

To ensure we can connect your email to this post, please leave the following note in your email:

ATTN Manfred 2916486

Thank you in advance!
    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Done, thanks! The log is BUSY but could look for a cluster of "account not connected" errors, then go back a littler earlier.
      Last edited by RobotSyndicate; 01-12-2021, 01:43 AM.

Comment

I am also facing the same issue. Is there an solution of this problem. Please suggest how can I fix it?

Comment

Hello sune111,

The way we corrected this issue, was by completely uninstalling both, the TWS/Gateway and NinjaTrader.

After ensuring all Windows Updates are installed and the JAVA version has been updated, we then reinstalled the TWS (or Gateway) version listed in our Connection Guide, before reinstalling NinjaTrader.

You may find the most recent, supported version, as well as the JAVA update, within our Connection Guide:

Please don't hesitate to let us know, should this not work!

Comment

I tried everything including reinstalling windows. Nothing worked. Then installed the previous version of ninjatrader 8 and it worked. The latest ninjatrader 8 had some problems. It should be fairly easy for you to reproduce this issue. Connection with IB frequently disconnects on the latest ninjatrader 8 version and you can not run automated staretegies.

Comment

Originally posted by sune111 View Post
              I tried everything including reinstalling windows. Nothing worked. Then installed the previous version of ninjatrader 8 and it worked. The latest ninjatrader 8 had some problems. It should be fairly easy for you to reproduce this issue. Connection with IB frequently disconnects on the latest ninjatrader 8 version and you can not run automated staretegies.
              I wonder how many user have to report this 8.0.23.2 problem until there's a fix... Reproducing the issue is simple and straight forward yet I have been told that it's not able to reproduce. Now it changed to "we corrected the issue by"!

I carried out the installations on a brand new branded PC, Win10 Pro 64, with all latest updates and java Version 8 Update 281. IB TWS and GW were first installed to test the login. Then was NT. The problem showed up within a day or so. Reinstallation does not solve the problem. This issue renders all auto strategies unusable!! Again, under GW, API client is shown in GREEN, ie, connected, while under NT, it's not connected to the GW.

I would be most appreciate it if you could really fix the issue in the next update (without inducing other network connection issues)

Also, I would like to have a user option to set delay in seconds when making a reconnection. I suspect NT's reconnection mechanism is not robust and in the past week, Kinetick reconnection was also in trouble. Kinetick treats a fast reconnection as a double login and keeps kicking out all reconnections until a manual disconnect and connect.

Please please look into the issues seriously! They have been there for a period of time and sad enough, still not receiving your attention. They are EASY to reproduce!!!!

Comment

Hello sune111 and timko,

Our newest version (8.0.24.0) has some additional implementations that help it recognize when this auto-disconnect happens, resulting in a reliable reconnection on every tested PC so far.

This version will be available in the coming days and should resolve any issues you've experienced/reported.

Please don't hesitate to let us know, should you experience any further issues once this version has been released!

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Manfred View Post
                  Hello sune111 and timko,

Our newest version (8.0.24.0) has some additional implementations that help it recognize when this auto-disconnect happens, resulting in a reliable reconnection on every tested PC so far.

This version will be available in the coming days and should resolve any issues you've experienced/reported.

Please don't hesitate to let us know, should you experience any further issues once this version has been released!
                  Musik to my ears!!! I look forward to using it!!!

Comment

In case this is helpful, this was happening to me a LOT after I switched to a Dual WAN load balancing router while connecting wirelessly or wired, Specifically, I was using the TrendNet AC300 router. I tried EVERYTHING to fix it with no luck. After switching back to a very boring standard Centurylink DSL wireless router the problem stopped right away. Since then I have tried a few basic routers and they all work fine. Then I tried the TrendNet AC300 dual WAN router and the problem returned. So I'm not sure exactly what is causing it, but clearly it was something related to using that router or that type of router.

Comment

Hello RobotSyndicate,

Thank you very much for that information! While we generally suggest hardwired connections, we've never heard of specific routers causing issues, as such, it is really good to know this router might cause problems with the NinjaTrader platform.

It might be an aspect of the Dual WAN that somehow causes routing issues and might require manual optimization to function.

If you ever plan to use this router again, I would suggest reaching out to the manufacturer, as I would suspect them to have a way to customize the routing behavior.

Comment

on my side, i observed and reported long time ago that the ninja device driver does not work reliably with fast optical gigabit wan connections. this applies to kinetick as well, not only ib. i also asked ninja to implement a randomization feature that allows users to set number of seconds to delay before the next reconnection attempt. ninja team never responds to such a request. i thought they had got their way to fix by hinting the issue was gone in 8.0.24.0. well, i am on 8.0.24.2 now and still find such an issue....

to be fair, the ninja team could have scratched their hair to replicate such an issue in the hope to find out the root cause. i believe they have tried their best. somehow, they have omitted one thing, a real ninja user would never run a vanilla ninja system. many users observe serious data lag but this does not happen on a vanilla superdom. so, i bet ninja would never admit it is the systems problem. but what is the reality? the system lags when market becomes violent.

so i hereby, one again, humbly request ninja to implement a user feature to allow a user to set the number of seconds to delay before that a reconnection attempt. better to be randomizable, say, 1 to 3 seconds. please consider my suggestion seriously.

Comment

Hello timko,

Thank you very much for your post.

I've discussed the randomization feature with our NinjaScript Team. To ensure we understand how the randomization would affect your reconnect, could you let me know how this would resolve the issue?

While we are more than happy to consider any feature requests, these requests always need to be assessed holistically, so to speak.

E.g. we would have to extensively test whether this randomization can cause issues with the connected TWS/Rithmic Trader Pro applications and their reconnects, whether it affects how indicators calculate and reload, or when strategies restart, to ensure we are not introducing additional issues.

Please don't consider this a rejection of your idea. I'd simply like to understand a bit better how it would affect your connection or ensure its stability, do you have an example in this regard or experience you could share with us?

I look forward to your reply!

Comment

thanks Manfred!
                            ​​​​​​ it should be great if NT can provide some possible workarounds...
                            Last edited by timko; 05-24-2021, 03:18 AM.

Comment

Hello timko,

Thank you very much for the detailed information.

I'd like to take a closer look at the troubleshooting steps performed so far to get a bit of a better idea of what was attempted and what might be causing this.

Could you possibly send me a ticket number that would lead to one of the tickets you had open with our support team? Alternatively, you could also send me a private message with the email address we have on record.

With either information, I could then do a deep dive to see if we can find any explanation for this behavior and further pursue the feature request.

Thank you very much!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by GwFutures1988, Today, 02:48 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
                              Started by ScottWalsh, 04-16-2024, 04:29 PM
                              6 responses