Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Still having problems where NT8 will not reconnect to IB after a brief disconnect.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Manfred View Post
    Hello timko,
    ​​​​
    Thank you very much for the detailed information.

I'd like to take a closer look at the troubleshooting steps performed so far to get a bit of a better idea of what was attempted and what might be causing this.

Could you possibly send me a ticket number that would lead to one of the tickets you had open with our support team? Alternatively, you could also send me a private message with the email address we have on record.

With either information, I could then do a deep dive to see if we can find any explanation for this behavior and further pursue the feature request.

Thank you very much!
    thanks Manfred for taking time to investigate more. sorry that i dont track my ticket numbers. i will email u when i have more info to provide.

Comment

just a short note, Manfred, kinetick of similar behavior is haunting me now.
      In the Control center Log, it reports in this way:
      25/5/2021 5:07:05pm ESDataFeed: Primary connection = Connected, Price feed=Connected
      25/5/2021 5:07:05pm ESDataFeed: Primary connection = Connection lost, Price feed=Connection lost

The above carries on and on and forever, I have no choice except to disconnect. I can then connect successfully immediately.

Please take quick action to implement a "pause"/"delay" user option in the reconnection process. Disconnecting data (ie, by selecting "Disconnect" under control center) ruins all my footprint charts, strategy and everything. Please look into the issue very very seriously.

Pleasssseeeeee.
      Last edited by timko; 05-25-2021, 03:25 PM. Reason: deleted points that possibly would sway away the discussion from the main point

Comment

Hello timko,

Could you send me the most recent log & trace files? I'd love to look into this further to track down what is causing these connection issues.

This would also help us understand how the pause/delay would affect this, allowing us to discuss this with the Development Team further.

The easiest way to send us these files is to click on Help > Email Support.

Please don't forget to add a brief "ATTN Manfred 2916486" note to the email, that way it ends up on my desk immediately.

Thank you in advance, I look forward to your email!
        Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Is there any update to this issue?
          I still facing the same problem, also after full new installation of all needed applications (Java-Runtime, IB-Gateway 984, NinjaTrader 8.24.2) on fresh (Windows Server 2016) as well as (Windows Server 2019).

Comment

Hello PWidera,

Thank you very much for your post.

Please ensure you install the supported TWS version (978.2c), newer versions can sometimes include features that are not yet supported, which could cause issues.

You may find the supported version in our Connection Guide:

Should you still experience these issues on the 978.2c version of the TWS or Gateway, please let me know!
            Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello guys, problem still remains

And reproducible with both IB Gateway and IB TWS
              Re-installing everything not helping.
              I even setup "Lock and Exit" to "Auto logoff" once a day at 05:03 (PM) to make sure IB token properly validated.

Ninjatrader:
              NinjaTrader 8.0.24.2 64-bit
              OnConnectionLoss: ReCalculate
              Disconnect delay seconds: 40
              Number of restarts attempts: 20 (tried value 10 as well)
              Restarts within x minutes: 20 (tried value 10 as well)

Trader Workstation(TWS):
              Build 978.2c, Jun 17, 2020 1:25:21 PM
              Jolt Build 1.14.1, Nov 22, 2019 02:32:27 PM
              Nia Build 2.20.2, Jan 22, 2020 04:13:16 PM
              ModelNav Build 1.11.0, Sep 20, 2019 06:06:15 PM
              Riskfeed Build 2.38.6, May 13, 2020 09:21:47 AM
              Java Version: 1.8.0_152, OS: Windows Server 2016 (amd64, 10.0)

Logs:
              2021-06-23 00:02:32:920|1|2|IB_TWS_LIVE: Primary connection=Connected, Price feed=Connection lost
              2021-06-23 00:02:48:980|1|2|IB_TWS_LIVE: Primary connection=Connected, Price feed=Connected
              2021-06-23 00:15:33:993|1|2|IB_TWS_LIVE: Primary connection=Connection lost, Price feed=Connected

How to reproduce:
              put few NT connected for 24 hours to Interactive Brokers TWS. To make sure token is valid, setup Shutdown it at 05:03 (PM) New York time, and manually connect, and leave it for next 24 hours connected. and you will see it.

Some observations/information:
              What I noticed that if I look inside the TWS, there it shows that client connected, but in NT it shows "Connection Lost" and Icon "Red".
              Not sure if this important but I have at same time NinjatraderBrokerage connection(+strategy running) and IB connection(+strategy running), and NT Brokerage connection never had any issues.

I don't even know how else to experiment to get rid of this issue

Huge problem:
              if I have strategies running with open positions and pending orders(stops/profits), there is no easy way to disconnect manually, because NT shows "are you sure want to disconnect ... strategy with positions running", but is NOT CONNECTED!!! Potential fix maybe to recognize this and provide option for proper manual re-connect for connection only without touching strategies/positions/orders state?!
              Last edited by login_dejavu; 06-23-2021, 12:11 AM.

Comment

Hello,

Can you please write into platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com so we may provide a possible workaround? We will need to send you some files securely so please write in and reference this forum page and ticket number 2916486 in the body of the email.

We look forward to hearing from you.
                Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by WHICKED, Today, 02:02 PM
                2 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post WHICKED
                by WHICKED

Started by selu72, Today, 02:01 PM