• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Executing fast orders with ff% position sizing-Position opening strategy

Hi,
    I'm trading fast moving stocks. I'm looking for a way to do the following:
    - Enter a trade with defined SL and PT
    - Be then able to Drag these levels up/down similar to entries from ATM strategies from the SuperDom
    - Trade size I want to define as a fixed fractional % amount of the account / equity size. For example set the trade volume correctly for say a SL level 50c below current price such that I'm risking say 5% of account size. Note I'm an experienced programmer and know how to write this in automated strategies in ninja.
    - Execution could be with a hot-key (from superDOM or chart) or additional button on the chart that loads up a strategy to execute that includes the position sizing calculation.

So, the only thing I really need here that it seems the in-built NT functions don't support with the current ATM strategies you can select from the superDOM, is the ability to add in a custom position size calc. From what I can see you can only define fixed position sizes for the custom ATM strategies.

I'm assuming I need to write my own strategy code. Seeking to understand how I would link my own position opening strategy to the chart/superDOM for fast execution.
    I know I could load a strategy into the chart by normal means, but this is way to slow. I want executions very fast as I'm responding to level 2 data.

thanks,
    Daniel

Hello Daniel, thanks for your post.

The ATM template would need to be changed using an XML Reader/Writer to modify the quantity of the ATM template through code, otherwise, you would not use ATM templates through the script and just use the standard Enter and Exit methods. The ATM templates are located in Documents\NinjaTrader 8\templates.

Using a hotkey would be less ideal than a button on the chart because of the existing Instrument overlay when you type into a chart. We have an example here showing how to open and close positions with buttons:

https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...bar-buttons-2/

Please let me know if I can assist any further.

Disclaimer:
    The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Perfect thanks. For those interested:
      - I created a custom ATM strategy and then can see this in the templates/ATMstrategy folder.
      - I will use a button on the chart to enter the trade. This will
      • firstly load the XML file
      • edit the Quantity based on account size
      • save the file
      • execute an order using the ATM strategy from the NinjaScript.
      thanks
      -D

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
      3 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
      Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
      3 responses