Clicking on Quantity of Order in Chart Always Adds 100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clicking on Quantity of Order in Chart Always Adds 100

Clicking on the quantity of an order (where the arrow is pointed in the screen shot) on the chart always adds 100 to the quantity. How can I change it so it doesn't add 100 on click.

Hello ntbone,

Thank you for your message.

I am unable to reproduce this behavior on my own platform. Does this happen on all Charts/Chart Traders and Instruments you are working with?

Please write into PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]Com along with your log and trace files and a link to this forum post.

Follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response so I may investigate this matter further.
    • Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
    • Right-click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
    • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Thank you in advance for these files. I look forward to assisting you further. 
    Justin D.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I just tried a fresh clean install of NinjaTrader and was instantly able to reproduce this. I will email the requested information as well as a video. The steps are
      1. Start a simulated playback connection, real-time connection or a simulated connection.
      2. Pick a symbol. I did AAPL
      3. Make sure the chart trader is enabled for the chart.
      4. Create a limit order by right clicking on the chart far from the price.
      5. Click on the quantity of the limit order
      6. Text field has 100 automatically added to it, regardless of the value that was in there. If its 100, it will become 200. If its 1000 it becomes 1100, 150 becomes 250.

Comment

Hello ntbone,

Thank you for your update.

With Stocks, this will actually be expected behavior as you click on the Order Quantity on the Chart Trader. When you do, NinjaTrader will increase the Order Amount by the minimum order amount each time. While trading Stocks, the minimum Order Quantity is 100, which explains why you are seeing this behavior.

As always, feel free to write to us with any additional questions you may have.

Comment

Unfortunately this is almost never what I want done thus slowing down the process of editing the order because I am forced to delete the change, and type in the value I want.

Comment

Hello ntbone,

Thank you for your response.

We are actually tracking the ability to change the default order quantity for stocks in NinjaTrader as a Feature Request. I have added your vote to this Feature Request, which helps our Development Team keep track of interest for different features to be added in future updates.

The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-2245. Please reference this internal tracking number if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find it in the release notes:

http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...ease_notes.htm

Feel free to write back to us with any additional questions.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by kevinenergy, 02-17-2023, 12:42 PM
            118 responses
            1 like
            Last Post kevinenergy  
            Started by briansaul, Today, 05:31 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes