Line Break Chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Line Break Chart

I trade with a buddy and on many occasions our line break charts are substantially different even though we have the same settings. We are using ticks as the base period type. Sometimes we hit reload historical data and this fixes the charts so they are the same. Other times no matter what we do the charts are different.

Any idea what is going on?

Hello TraderRod,

Thank you for your post.

Do you and your buddy connect to the same data provider? Also, does this tend to happen on one particular instrument or on various instruments?

It is hard to say what the cause might be without a concrete example, so if possible please provide screenshots comparing what you and your buddy see for the same instrument and same settings, even after attempting to Reload Historical Data.

If either of you is using a chart template or adjusting the Data Series settings, it is possible that a parameter could be affecting the bars created, such as the trading hours selected (i.e. the default instrument settings vs. Default 24 x 7).

As an additional resource, here is the link to the help guide section that describes how Line Break bars are built:

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to ask them here.
    Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes, we are using the same data provider and broker. All of our data settings are identical. I will send you a screen shot of each chart later today. Who do I send them to?

Comment

Hello TraderRod,

Thank you for your reply.

You could post the screenshots here in the forum if you are comfortable with that, or you could send them to platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com. If you send them via email, please be sure to include a link to this forum post as well as the following in the body of your email: ATTN Emily C 2919420

Thank you in advance; I look forward to resolving this item with you.
        Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by rocketman7, Today, 01:00 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post rocketman7  
        Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
        2 responses