Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simulated Accounts on TD Ameritrade

Hello,

I have the ability to use a simulated / paper account on TD Ameritrades' ThinkOrSwim platform. Is there a way to use a simulated account for the TD Ameritrade Broker Connection? When I login to TOS I get the option of selecting either real account or Paper Account. This option is not available when I Authorize my connection to TD Ameritrade.

Also, I have tried using the Sim101 account when I have the TDAmertrade broker connected but don't think Sim101 works with this broker. Is this correct?

I am trying to test a strategy using the various StartBehaviors with TDAmeritrade.

Thanks,
    ATC
    Last edited by tornadoatc; 01-13-2021, 12:21 PM.

Hello tornadoatc,

Thank you for your post.

To sim trade in NinjaTrader, please use the Sim101 account.
    This is directly below the order submission area. Please review the image attached below.

If you need more assistance, please let us know.
    Attached Files
    Paul G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Paul,

I am familiar with using the Sim101 Account. My question is whether the Sim101 Account will work for equities using a TD Ameritrade data connection. The stop logic and the StartBehavior (AdoptAccountPosition) seems to work fine when using Futures (ES) and a Continuum connection but is not working the same when used with Equities and a TD Ameritrade connection.

So is there any reason that the Sim101 Account would work differently using Equities and a TD Ameritrade Broker ?

Comment

Hello, tornadoatc

Thank you for your post.

NInjaTrader works a little differently than TD Ameritrade in that you connect to your live account for data and use the sim 101 account for the trading sim; all connections in NInjaTrader are absent from a simulated login. However, you are able to trade simulation with the sim101 account. Interactive Brokers uses the same method as TD Ameritrade where in TWS you select live or sim on login; however, in NinjaTrader you will need to use the sim101 account to trade sim.

Please login with your TD Ameritrade login and use the sim101 account as that is the supported method for all brokerages to trade simulation.
        I have included the connection guide below.

-->https://ninjatrader.com/ConnectionGu...nnection-Guide

If you need more assistance, please let us know.

Paul G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Waxavi
        by Waxavi

Started by TradeForge, Today, 02:09 AM
        0 responses