Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sizing of Ninja Trader Desktop Server

Hi ,

1. Is there a limit on Maximum number of Strategies that can be run in NinjaTrader at any time .. what are the sizing recommendations if that number grows.
    2. Similarly is there a limit on number of positions that can be monitored using Ninja Trader.

3. I have a need to monitor 1000s of positions opened in Multiple broker accounts ( like with Interactive Brokers account in India and TD Ameritrade Account in US).
    Currently I am using NinjaTrader as Order Management system and integrating it with my software that runs my Model &Web based Charting off the Position data and Bar data coming from NinjaTraderAddOn in near-realtime. https://markets.eaninja.com

With EC2 t2.medium ( 2 cpu & 4 GB RAM) I am comfortably monitoring about 250 positions in NinjaTrader.
    Any suggestions how I can calculate the needed CPU and Memory based on number of positions to be monitored ?

Hello vivekniwas,

1). There is not a limit on the number of strategies, it would mainly be limited by your PC's performance. If you have limited resources you may find that the platform becomes slow or has a hard time processing many scripts at once. Its suggested to use at minimum the specs listed here: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...quirements.htm
    You would need to research this based on what you develop or use, I couldn't really provide any type of estimation here other than you would need to try it with the software you use to trade.

2). Not that I am aware of, the platform uses a grid to display all the positions the account holds. https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...itions_tab.htm

3). This will largely be up to what you are doing in the platform. The platform by its self could use a very limited machine to do quite a lot however when you start building or using very complex items that can significantly increase the need for resources. You would need to actually use what you plan to use and see how much resources that takes from the machine running it. If you have a more powerful machine such as a home computer then you could additionally try the same configuration there to get an estimate of how it performances on better hardware. Depending on how well the items being used were developed and how efficient those are will determine the added resource requirements beyond the minimum.

You could try to run the maximum number of positions you would use on sim with a live data feed to get a pretty good estimate of how it would be in realtime for resource usage.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by PaulMohn, Today, 12:36 PM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
    Started by yertle, Yesterday, 08:38 AM
    8 responses
    0 likes