Deleting database file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deleting database file

I draw multiple horizontal lines (set attach to all charts) at round figure like 00 or 50. And when I feel NT8 delay especially placing multiple consecutive micro orders manually, I delete NinjaTrader.sdf file on db folder. It definitely speeds up based on personal experience. However, some drawing objects are also disappeared including those horizontal lines. The weird thing is that it does not erase all lines only some of them. So I'm wondering why some lines are gone while others are remained. I also tried to save all lines as template before deleting the sdf file. But when I reload the template, it only loads indicators without horizontal lines. Is there a way to keep horizontal lines? I appreciate your help. Thanks

Got any error when you save the template ??

AND keep in mind that once you delete the NinjaTrader.sdf file, you may lose data too.

Comment

Hello jjanguda,

Can you please save your workspace to save drawing objects applied in charts. Drawing objects are not saved in the chart template. If you save the workspace before you shut down NinjaTrader and delete the database, do you still experience missing horizontal lines?

As cincai mentions, deleting the database will cause you to lose data such as Trading Hours templates, Instrument lists, custom created instruments, historical trade execution data and saved Strategy Analyzer backtest results.

Please see the link below for tips and suggestions to improve performance of NinjaTrader 8.
      JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Jason and cincai,

thanks for responding to my inquiry. I didn't get any error when saved the template.

I always save my workspace and experience the same issue. But I figured how to work around. Once saving the workspace, I select other workspace or create a new empty (untitled) workspace and close the platform. Then I delete the file and start NT8. Once connected with untitled workspace, I change my workspace back to the one I have worked on. This keeps all of lines.

thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
        Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes