Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Nt8 4tick renko bar chart has no wicks!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nt8 4tick renko bar chart has no wicks!!!!

Morning

I have a problem with Renko bars displaying no wicks !!!! by not displaying the wick it basically shaves off the price movement and doesnt show the tick below or above the brick !!
    please Advise how to resolve this issue .

Thanks

Comment

Hello Saeed,

Thank you for your note.

Please note that Renko bars are designed to not have wicks. More information can be found in the excerpt from the help guide below:

Renko bars are based on price movement. Each bar is known as a "brick," and is plotted as green by default when price is moving up and red by default when price is moving down. A new brick is plotted when price exceeds the High or Low of the previous brick by a specified amount, known as the Brick size. The image below displays Renko bars with a Brick size of 7:

Click image for larger version

Name:	bartypes6.png
Views:	673
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	1136882

For more information on bar types and how they're meant to plot please visit the link below:

Please feel free to write in if you need additional assistance.
      Heath R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thank you but that is not the same at other platforms, beside that the bar missing 2 ticks of the high i posted the picture , please explain

Comment

Hello Saeed,

Thank you for your note.

Please note that not all platforms portray data in the same exact way, it seems like you may be comparing to ThinkorSwim bars which do have a wick but traditional Renko bars indeed do not feature wicks, a custom bars type could be coded offering this, however we unfortunately don't supported coding at this level.

Please feel free to write in if you need additional assistance.

Comment

seems like you are not hearing me !!! im not comparing it to any other platform , only comparing it to a 5 min chart from NT8 :

Yesterday High on ES ( emini ) Pit Session ( US session ) was 3816.00 when you set NT8 on Renko Bars the high is 3815.50 !!!!!!!!!!!!! are you telling me that is not a problem ?
            If that is not a problem then i dont think any trader like to miss 2 ticks of Price .

Please Advise and pull up a chart with Renko on your side and show me the high of the day compare to minute chart or any other chart

i still want this to be resolved .
            Thanks .

Comment

Hello Saeed,

Thank you for your reply.

To clarify, I am a Platform Support Team Lead here at NinjaTrader and I'm here to make sure all of your questions and concerns are addressed.

The image you provided does not allow for enough context to determine the date or time you're viewing in your chart. Please include both a full screenshot of your chart window and a screenshot of your data series setting so i may accurately attempt to reproduce this on my end.

Also can you confirm that your OHLC indicator is set to use the same trading hours as your data series?

Thank you I'll await your reply.

Comment

Please see the attachments .

Thanks

Comment

Hello Saeed,

To clarify further, because Renko bars do not have wicks it's expected that these would not print a high or low like the minute based bars would.

While we cannot code items for you I was able to locate and indicator that can show wicks and is publicly available on our NinjaTrader Ecosystem website:
                  Here is a basic guideline of how to import NinjaScript add-ons in NinjaTrader 8:

Note — To import NinjaScripts you will need the original .zip file.

To Import:
                  1. Download the NinjaScripts to your desktop, keep them in the compressed .zip file.
                  2. From the Control Center window select the menu Tools > Import > NinjaScript Add-on...
                  3. Select the downloaded .zip file
                  4. NinjaTrader will then confirm if the import has been successful.

Critical - Specifically for some NinjaScripts, it will prompt that you are running newer versions of @SMA, @EMA, etc. and ask if you want to replace, press 'No'

Once installed, you may add the indicator to a chart by:
                  • Right-click your chart > Indicators... > Select the Indicator from the 'Available' list on the left > Add > OK

Here is a short video demonstration of the import process:
                  Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Comment

thank you , regardless what you say and I understand but there is a flaw here which NT8 which does not show a real price with Renko charts , every other platform i have tried and they show the real price with wicks or no wicks . it makes me wonder if there is a Real trader within your team that can say shaving off 1 tick or 2 ticks of price is ok , im very disappointed and for this reason i will look for alternative, don't get me wrong i love NT and i have been with NT life license Multi broker for 11 YEARS but it seems like as we move on there is more bugs seem to appear . not showing the REAL price is a big deal for every trader.

thanks

Comment

Hello Saeed,

NinjaTrader will show the real price with Renko bars. If you open a regular Renko chart and a SuperDOM with the same instrument selected they should shot the same "Last Traded Price". If they're not, there are a few things that could cause this:
                      • Not connected to live data
                        • In this case data would not show for the selected instrument in the SuperDOM
                      • Your Provider doesn't offer tick data
                      • The Chart Trading hours are not set to encompass the current time.
                        • To resolve this set your chart trading hours to Default 24/7 to be sure you're charting all data coming into the platform.
                      • Chart Rendering delay - Which I've included steps on addressing below.
                      You may be describing what we call 'chart rendering delay'. This can occur when the amount of incoming data paired with your workspace complexity/PC capabilities causes NinjaTrader charts to fall behind real-time data.

You're getting live data but your platform is having to perform so many calculations that your chart is delayed in displaying it, this is technically known as a Chart Rendering Delay.

The best way to determine if this is the issue is to open a SuperDOM and set it to the same instrument and verify if your last traded price matches your chart. If they are out of sync by more than a split second, this means that your chart is queuing calculations that need to be completed before it can render those bars and indicators on the chart, instead of being able to complete those calculations on the fly.

To resolve this issue I've included a link to some performance tips below which will help you identifying high impact items that can contribute to this delay.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by thanajo, 05-04-2021, 02:11 AM
                      3 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post tradingnasdaqprueba  
                      Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes