Conflict with Acronis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conflict with Acronis

The latest update to the Acronis Protection has a conflict with NinjaTrader.
    With Acronis Protection on, NT will slowly and only partially load. If I turn the protection off while NT is loading, it will resume normal loading.
    The only protection exclusion I have, which is an exclusion that Acronis asked me if I wanted, is C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader8\bin64.
    The data provider is cqg.
    Are there other programs that need to be excluded from Acronis Protection?

Holy moly, how did you find this out? I just had to reinstall windows and lost everything so I just bought Acronis to make sure this never happens again. Ever since re downloading everything like NT8 and all my 3rd party indicators everything is super slow and won't load. Takes forever to just open a menu but now after turning off the Acronis protection everything runs absolutely fine!!!! I have been beating my head against the wall for like a week trying to figure this out. I even ordered a new SSD and was about to upgrade my GPU so thank you for the awesome find!! Hopefully, there is an easy fix. I still have webroot running as well but would still be nice to have Acronis running as well.

Comment

Hello sgordet,

Thank you for your note.

We typically recommend adding exceptions to My Documents > NinjaTrader 8 as well as C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 8

Please let us know if we may assist further.

Comment

I excluded both folders, and NT still won't load in a reasonable amount of time.
        During the startup, I again turned off Acronis Protection and my NT windows then loaded and snapped right into place.
        Once this happens, I can turn Acronis Protection back on and NT continues to function normally.
        The problem has to be in the startup process. Do you have any ideas?
        The only other thought I have is that the problem is with the data provider at startup, cqg.
        While NT is starting Acronis Protection on, the NT connection light doesn't go on, so maybe it has to do with connecting to the data provider.
        If you aren't familiar with their processes, can you tell me whom to contact?

Comment

Hello sgordet,

Thank you for your note.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to an email to platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com with "ATTN CHRIS S 2924235" in the subject line so I may investigate this matter further.
          • Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
          • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
          • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
          • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

I look forward to your reply.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChrisSch View Post
            Hello sgordet,

Thank you for your note.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to an email to platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com with "ATTN CHRIS S 2924235" in the subject line so I may investigate this matter further.
            • Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
            • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
            • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
            • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

I look forward to your reply.
            I have the exact same issue. Latest nt8 hangs on startup. I disabled the protection service, rebooted and now working fine. This seems to be a problem that is easily reproducible and perhaps the support team could download a trial version of Acronis and workout.

Any Chris - my ticket is You have a new support case: Case #03733345 and log files and traces were submitted.

Warmest,

Lex

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
            Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
            5 responses