Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My NinjaTrader Continium Logon failed

Hi everyone,
    In the morning I have traded on a live account closed my positions and then shut down the Ninja Trader application. Before shutting down saved my workspace. Afternoon launched the application but can see only the demo account not the live one. Disconnected from simulation and trying to connect to My NinjaTrader Continuum is giving me an error message. Login or passcode is invalid. Logon failed. Reset my passcode adding new passcode from configuration same result. Calling trade desk number they say they can't help me. Emailed platform support no response. Its weird. Why its happening when i did not do anything different than other days. Why support is not responding when i need their help most? How ninja trader can claim they have 24/7 customer support when they dont respond to a critical issue. Its all just very bad and making me to think to switch more reliable platform!

Hello rufat,

I suspect the machine ID was changed in NinjaTrader which caused connection information to be removed as well as the license key as a security measure. The Machine ID is generated using information about your hardware and BIOS. It is meant to remain constant unless there has been a change with the system. If this security measure would not be in place then someone could connect to your live account if they have your Config.xml file.

Items that can cause the Machine ID to change:
    • Changes to hardware (network cards, MAC address, RAM, motherboard, monitors, graphic card, etc)
    • Changes / updates to BIOS
    • Changes to the Windows Product ID
    • Updates / upgrades / changes to the Windows operating system
    • Updates / upgrades / changes to Virtualization software

Could it be "Demo" is enabled in the connection settings?
    • Please go to Control Center-->Connections and click configure in the lower right corner.
    • Select your live account connection in the lower left box named Configured.
    • Disable "Demo" on the right and click OK.
    Check if you are now able to connect successful.

If the issue remains, please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: Att Jason, 2925889

JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

If my machine ID has been changed what do I do to get connected?

Comment

Hello Renny4545,

Thanks for your post.

If your machine ID has changed, NinjaTrader 8 will automatically remove your license key, username and password, and other sensitive information.

NinjaTrader does not control your machine ID directly. Your machine ID is generated by NinjaTrader based on your PC's fundamental hardware (like RAM, motherboard, etc.) and fundamental software (BIOS/UEFI version, Windows updates, firmware updates, etc.). If any of these items change, your machine ID is likely to change as well. There is no way to manually change your machine ID.

Please copy and paste your license key into your platform. To do this, go to the Control Center > Help > License key:

Additionally, once you have added your license key, you will need to add your username and password back into your account connection. To do this, go to the Control Center > Connections > Configure > Select your connection > Enter the username and password > OK.

If you are using NinjaTrader Brokerage we can send you a password reset link. You could request a password reset link by writing an email to platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader.com. If you are using another brokerage please reach out to them directly for your username and password.

If your machine ID has changed and it is affecting your add-on licensing, you will need to reach out to the add-on vendors with your new machine ID.

Let me know if I may assist further
        Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

I am currently unable to connect to Continuum and I am getting the following error message; "NinjaTrader Continuum (Live): Resolution of the dependency failed, type = “CQG.Trader.Core.Logger.ILogger, name = “Logger”. " etc. I also cannot send an email frrom the platform. My licence Key, username, password etc are still in place.
          Any help appreciated.

Thank you

George​

Comment

Hello GeorgeW,

Thanks for your note.

This error message occurs when an antivirus program is blocking the connection.

To resolve this error you will need to add NinjaTrader to the antivirus/firewall program's exceptions list.

Please let me know if I may assist further.
            Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Brandon H.
              I have now been able to connect after allowing NT8.0.27.1 in my antivirus software.It had worked fine without the need for this after I updated on 11 Jan, as it had not been disallowed in the antivirus. The problem only surfaced after I restarted my computer.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Stanfillirenfro, Today, 07:23 AM
              4 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Stanfillirenfro  
              Started by DayTradingDEMON, Today, 09:28 AM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB