Operation=Remove not showing up in log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Operation=Remove not showing up in log

Hi, I have developed and been using a strategy for futures with Continnum without any issue. Today I decided to test it with some Stocks and for that I use my TD Ameritrade account. (I have a multibroker license and the account is funded and working fine).

I noticed that in two opportunities the strategy closed a position in TDAmeritrade but Ninjatrader did not reflect the new position in the Positions tab nor in the Position column in Strategy tab in the account data. I checked and the order was actually submitted to TDameritrade so this looks like a cosmetic issue. For reference, the strategy in synchronized and resynchronozing did not change anything.

I noticed a difference in the logs for the executions that work fine have this first line vs the ones that remain in the positions that do not have the entry in the log.
    1/19/2021 19:27 Position Instrument='GM' Account='-BLANK-' Average price=54.2975 Quantity=20 Market position=Long Operation=Remove
    1/19/2021 19:27 Execution Execution='3850925960:5872316015' Instrument='GM' Account='-BLANK- Exchange=Default Price=54.5001 Quantity=20 Market position=Short Operation=Operation_Add Order='3850925960' Time='1/19/2021 7:27 PM'

Why is this?

Just as a reference, this never happened using Futures with NT, only with TDAmeritrade. The entry and exit is the exact same for the cases that work vs the ones that do not.

Thanks.

Hello tradebot,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

We have received reports that the TD Ameritrade API is not providing acknowledgement receipts for order updates, execution updates, and instrument updates.

Our team is keeping track of times this comes up, and we report these to TD Ameritrade. However, we do not have any control in the matter for instrument and order acknowledgement receipts from TDA through their API.

TD Ameritrade has let us know they're working on a new API to combat these symptoms, however, they have no estimate on when this may be available.

You can read more about the symptom you're describing and other users data points in this forum thread:
    The orders are filled automatically if you checked their status using other sources. For NT, they have been submitted. Log and trace files submitted to customer support. If you have the same problem please make sure you add your comments. Thank you

Please let us know if we may be of any further assistance in the meantime.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I Understand. Rather disappointing I must say, but yet another reason I moved away from TDA. Thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
      47 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post aligator  
      Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post jaybedreamin