Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loading Data (Bars Vs Days)

Hello,

I am trying to conserve memory on my computer when I have multiple charts open on NT. I use range charts and thought if I used x number of bars instead of days that might save time / memory. I was wondering if it's better to use Bars or Days in Data Series --> Load data based on. Since I use range charts, I thought if I wanted to use lets say 200 EMA and I load 250 bars that would only load 250 bars which should be enough to calculate the average of the EMA Vs loading 20 days which might contain more candles.

What would be the efficient way of loading charts? My thought was with range charts some days can have a lot of trading vs others that might not, so in cases that have lots of trading it would load more information than needed Vs other days where there might not be enough. I was worried if I loaded Bars it might take more time when loading NT at the beginning since it's range charts instead of time based charts.

Hello [email protected],

Thank you for your note.

Loading based on bars may take up more time but there are a lot more variables that could affect performance in your workspace. I would suggest looking over our performance tips section for all of our best suggestions on improving platform performance.

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over performance tips:Please let us know if we may assist further.

Comment

Hi Chris,

Thank you for the information. I'll check out the performance improvement tips.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
      4 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post alifarahani  
      Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
      3 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse