Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hot keys for order entry

Hi guys,

Are there available order entry hot key that is based on the previous bar? Would like to implementorders by hot keys which could be quick & less noticeable.

Cheers,
    Leo

Hello Lloyd143,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately, there is not an option for this in the Hot Keys options.

Here is the Working with Hot Keys Help Guide to assist you further.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.
    Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Shawn,

Thanks for your reply. Is there a way where I can easily twick this by way of updating the commands or the "script"? I don't have a programming background but maybe someone good assist me on this? I do have some basic university knowledge on C language but that was years ago.

Maybe I could start with the basic update of simple order entry "custom" command. Can I do an update of the command by the way?

Kind regards,
      Lloyd143

Comment

No.
        There is no way to access the hot key in the NinjaScript Editor.

Comment

Thanks cincai. But, is it possible to develop a command to your own specific order entry hot key. For example, if I want to improve the order entry custom command of Ninjatrader?

Comment

Hello Lloyd143,

We wouldn't be able to add your own custom programmed orders [that reference previous bars] for use with the built in Hot Key feature, but it is certainly possible to build an AddOn that uses key presses to perform your own actions, including submitting orders however you like.

The AddOn code for submitting orders could also be implemented in an indicator. An indicator could add an account, detect key presses, and use Account.CreateOrder and Account.Submit to create and submit your desired orders.

I have attached 2 indicators. One demonstrates how to create and submit orders with Account.Create and Account.Submit. The other demonstrates using PreviewKeyUp and PreviewKeyDown for detecting key presses. Please refer to external C# documentation on using PreviewKeyDown as this is not supported NinjaScript code.

Account.CreateOrder - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...reateorder.htm

Account.Submit - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...nt8/submit.htm

If you want to submit an order with an ATM strategy attached, please consider using StartAtmStrategy instead of Account.Submit.

StartAtmStrategy - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...tmstrategy.htm

We look forward to assisting.
            Attached Files
            JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Lloyd143 you can use a free program called AHK (auto hotkey) that will let you do that using a pretty easy scripting language. I was able to figure this out to do something more complex which let me use my google home to insert orders into ninjatrader using my voice and hotkeys. I did a video on that here and will show you how AHK can basically do anything you want with hotkeys and nt8... https://youtu.be/0eQeieWKQgE
              xabcdtrading
              NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - XABCD trading

Comment

Thank for the reply Jim, I will check them out. It would be a puzzle for me for sure but this could be a good start.

xabcdtrading , really cool feature. very interesting.. I wonder if my English will be recognized by it, already had trouble with Siri..but hey, very nice.. thanks for the suggestion..I will check them out.

Comment

Lloyd143 yeah not anything i would do in a live environment but was just showing what is possible... can do so much when you link up AHK with a streamdeck ( so you don't need to remember your key combinations) .. endless possibilities.
                  xabcdtrading
                  NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - XABCD trading

Comment

This post is PRICELE$$. NinjaTrader_Jim Thank You!!

Comment

Leo, I use a program from quicktradeninja.com. It allows me to create either a hot key and/or an ATM button for buying based on the last bar, current bar, or next bar. I use it to create entries based on ordering one tick beyond the previous bar close and one tick beyond the current bar. I've also used it to create many other types of opening and closing actions. It's simple to use. They have a free trial and the program creator is very responsive.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
                      2 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post gentlebenthebear  
                      Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
                      2 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post Kaledus