New feature request: add notes or text to Chart Trader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New feature request: add notes or text to Chart Trader

I see a lot of empty space on Chart Trader that could be used for notes/journaling.

Please add the ability to add a text box on an empty area of Chart Trader that would change by account/instrument.

For example, if I am trading ZM, ZS, and ZL on different chart tabs with ZM on Account A and ZS on Account B on chart trader, chart trader now shows trade status of the proper contract on the proper account. I would like to make notes in the empty area of chart trader for ZM on Account A and different notes for ZS on Account B. This would allow me to make notes while I am trading and then copy them to my external trading journal when I can take a breather.

It would also be nice to be able to have a hotkey to insert date, time, account, contract, and quantity (1, -1, 0) at the moment I add or append to a note to the textbox for that unique account-contract combination.

Thanks

Hello Noobie2B,

Thank you very much for your suggestion!

While we do currently have a "Text" drawing object that would be associated with the instrument, this object would not be linked to the account and may only be placed on the chart directly.

One alternative would be the following script from our NinjaTrader Ecosystem:This would allow custom, fixed text to be placed on the chart, e.g. directly next to the ChartTrader, and would allow you to keep notes directly on the chart.

Here is a basic guideline of how to import NinjaScript add-ons in NinjaTrader 8:

Note — To import NinjaScripts you will need the original .zip file.

To Import:
    1. Download the NinjaScripts to your desktop, keep them in the compressed .zip file.
    2. From the Control Center window select the menu Tools > Import > NinjaScript Add-on...
    3. Select the downloaded .zip file
    4. NinjaTrader will then confirm if the import has been successful.

Critical - Specifically for some NinjaScripts, it will prompt that you are running newer versions of @SMA, @EMA, etc. and ask if you want to replace, press 'No'

Once installed, you may add the indicator to a chart by:
    • Right-click your chart > Indicators... > Select the Indicator from the 'Available' list on the left > Add > OK

Here is a short video demonstration of the import process:
    Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.
    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

this is a good idea
      [edit: from Original poster]

Comment

Hello greenshank,

Thanks for your note.

We are currently tracking interest for this feature in an internal ticket and I have added your vote.

The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-5539. Please reference this internal tracking number when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:Let me know if I may assist further.
        Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by TraderBCL, Today, 04:38 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post TraderBCL  
        Started by martin70, 03-24-2023, 04:58 AM
        14 responses
        0 likes