Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Ninjatrader 64bit on Windows 10 Insider for ARM PC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninjatrader 64bit on Windows 10 Insider for ARM PC?

Hello,

Recently Windows released x64 emulation in preview for Windows 10 on ARM PCs to the Windows Insider Program. This means ARM devices (such as the Surface Pro X) running Windows 10 on ARM can now run 64 bit programs, if they are enrolled in the Dev Channel of the Windows Insider program.

Previously Windows 10 on ARM devices were limited to 32bit x86 programs.

Is there anybody here in this forum who tried running the Ninjatrader 64bit version on an ARM device? I would be interested to learn details about how stable it runs.

Thank you!

Hello mo_fi,

Thank you for your note.

My understanding is that it would be expected to work however it has not been officially tested on our end.

I look forward to further input from other users.

Comment

Hello,

here is a small update: Today I went ahead and enrolled in the Windows Insider program.
      I installed Windows Insider Dev channel Build 21296, which is supposed to run 64bit programs on ARM PCs.

I uninstalled Ninjatrader and tried to reinstall, but encountered the following error during installation:
      The following error has occured: Could not find a part of the path "C: \Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 8\bin64\ActiproSoftware.Shared.Wpf.dll".

I also notice that after installation there was no bin64 folder in C: \Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 8

When opening the 32bit verion of Ninjatrader, the program notified me that I should use the 64 bit verion for better performance, but as stated above, the 64 bit version was not installed.

Now I exited Windows insider and rolled back to the "normal" Windows version, because I also had an issue with the screen brightness (you can only roll back during the first 10 days after signing up for the Windows Insider program).

Comment

Ninja 8 running on a Raspberry PI 4.... or better yet, N8 running on a 16 node PI cluster!

Comment

Dear NT Support,

I've been with Ninja since 2014 and this year I plan to move to an ARM based device and I'd like to stay with NT. Will you add official support at any time soon?

Best,

M

Comment

mo_fi: Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2930937 Attn Tyler

I look forward to being of assistance.
            Tyler M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Mtype: NinjaTrader should run on a system using an ARM processor if it meets our system requirements: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...quirements.htm

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Tyler View Post
                Mtype: NinjaTrader should run on a system using an ARM processor if it meets our system requirements: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...quirements.htm

Thanks Tyler! Would you think it would work on the ARM based M1 mac with Parallels 16 and Windows for Arm combination?

Comment

Using NinjaTrader on a Mac is not officially supported, and will likely yield worse performance than running the platform on equivalent Windows hardware due to the additional processing overhead required to run a Windows virtual machine.

Comment

For trading on not officially supported processors and Mac, a popular recommendation is to trade on a VPS.
                    The way it works is instead of running NinjaTrader on your home computer, it is installed your server which is on 24/7. This approach fixes the problem of needing to run your home computer all the time, and allows you run NinjaTrader over devices like Mac which are not officially supported.

A dedicated server for trading will always outperform a similarly spec'd home computer.
                    VPS connections are 1,000mbs, so the server is always connected to the broker/data source.
                    Would highly recommend checking out
                    https://www.ninjamobiletrader.com/

They're also listed on the NinjaTrader ecosystem: https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/sea...biletrader-vps

The specs are hard to beat for the price. You'll have more than enough resources to run dozens of simultaneous charts, indicators, strategies, etc.

Originally posted by Mtype View Post

Thanks Tyler! Would you think it would work on the ARM based M1 mac with Parallels 16 and Windows for Arm combination?
                    Originally posted by mo_fi View Post
                    Hello,

Recently Windows released x64 emulation in preview for Windows 10 on ARM PCs to the Windows Insider Program. This means ARM devices (such as the Surface Pro X) running Windows 10 on ARM can now run 64 bit programs, if they are enrolled in the Dev Channel of the Windows Insider program.

Previously Windows 10 on ARM devices were limited to 32bit x86 programs.

Is there anybody here in this forum who tried running the Ninjatrader 64bit version on an ARM device? I would be interested to learn details about how stable it runs.

Thank you!

Vendor_NT_Mobile
                    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Ninja Mobile Trader VPS

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Tyler View Post
                      mo_fi: Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2930937 Attn Tyler

Hello NinjaTrader_Tyler,
                      Thank you for your offer to help. Unfortunately I'm not able to send you the log files. As stated above, after trying to install the Ninjatrader 64bit vesion on Windows 10 insider, I rolled back to the "normal" non-insider version of Windows and did not save the log files.

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

Please write in to platformsupportATninjatraderDOTcom with a full description of the issue so that we may schedule a remote support session and have a look.

Comment

Originally posted by mo_fi View Post
                          Hello,

here is a small update: Today I went ahead and enrolled in the Windows Insider program.
                          I installed Windows Insider Dev channel Build 21296, which is supposed to run 64bit programs on ARM PCs.

I uninstalled Ninjatrader and tried to reinstall, but encountered the following error during installation:
                          The following error has occured: Could not find a part of the path "C: \Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 8\bin64\ActiproSoftware.Shared.Wpf.dll".

I also notice that after installation there was no bin64 folder in C: \Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 8

When opening the 32bit verion of Ninjatrader, the program notified me that I should use the 64 bit verion for better performance, but as stated above, the 64 bit version was not installed.

Now I exited Windows insider and rolled back to the "normal" Windows version, because I also had an issue with the screen brightness (you can only roll back during the first 10 days after signing up for the Windows Insider program).

hello, I too took a mac m1 with parallels and windiws preview arm, with the latest update now I install the ninjatrader 8 with the two 32bit and 64bit bin folders ... at 32bit the nt8 opens normally, telling me that I should switch to 64bit for better performance, at 64bit the wheel comes out for a moment then does nothing ... how can I solve?

Comment

Hello frasg,

Thanks for posting.

Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2930937 ATTN Tyler

Comment

With nt 8 32bit? ... because 64bit doesn’t start so I can’t send nothing

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by hurleydood, 09-12-2019, 10:45 AM
                              14 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Board game geek  
                              Started by cre8able, Yesterday, 04:16 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby