Issue with Charts sometimes dropping Strategies when restarting NT8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issue with Charts sometimes dropping Strategies when restarting NT8

Hi, good chance I am missing something basic, here is my issue (which has been going on for over a year). This is a simulated, non-live environment.

Typical use consists of a single workspace with 6 to 10 charts, each chart in turn has 1 strategy and at least 1 indicator. Each chart has 2 instruments. Data connection is TD-Ameritrade. NT8 is shut-down and restarted at least once every 2 or 3 days.

Every so often (around once or twice a month) when NT restarts and loads the workspace one, one or more (sometimes all) of the charts no longer have their strategy. The indicator(s) are still there, it is just the strats that are gone.

Strats were running and did not appear distressed at NT8 shutdown.

Shutdown process is to hit the upper-right corner "X" on the Control Center, confirm exiting despite the running strats, and answer Yes or No to the option to save the workspace (does not seem to make a difference).

Thoughts as to possible causes?

Thanks in advance!

Hello DanPrado,

I would like to take a closer look at your log & trace files, as the reason for this to occur is likely recorded therein.

As these files may contain personal information, I'd suggest sending them to us directly.

You may do so by clicking on Help > Email Support. Simply ensure the log & trace files are selected.

If you could leave a small note in the ticket with the time this occurred last and include the following bit, we can easily associate it with your post:

ATTN Manfred 2931447

Thank you in advance, I look forward to your email!
    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the quick response Manfred. I will email the log and trc files the next time this happens. I assume you will want both the set for the previous shutdown plus the one from the current start, if not please let me know.

Comment

Hello DanPrado,

Sending the log & trace files through the platform will send us the last 30 days, which should contain all information we need.

If you want to forward them to us now we should be able to find what is causing this to occur!
        Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by maybeimnotrader, Yesterday, 05:46 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
        Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes