Effects of processor speed, number of cores, and video card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Effects of processor speed, number of cores, and video card

I often order on the close of a bar. There's a short delay from when I place my order and when it appears on screen ( I have many windows open on different contracts, with indicators, which I assume is part of what's slowing down the ordering). This sometimes costs me a tick or two.

Task Manager shows a memory utilization of 53%, CPU of 21% and GPU 0-3D. I have a dedicated video card with 2GB memory (AMD FirePro W4100)..

I'm wondering if a substantially faster CPU with many more cores would substantially speed up the ordering process; if so, which would be more important: speed or number of cores? Also, is the graphics card a factor?

Any other thoughts that you have would be appreciated.

Hello sgordet,

Please note that it takes time to send the order from your location to your broker/exchange and for a signal to return to you to update the order in NinjaTrader as Accepted/Working. I don't think upgrading will have much effect on this. Your CPU and RAM usage is not that high or maxed out, so I don't see it as a cause. If you check the Control Center-->Log-tab, how long does it take for an order to get Accepted/Working after you submit it?
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'm trading in the sim this week. I'll be trading live next week.
      In the log tab, I see Accepted/Working, but I don't see a time duration with it. Do I have to be trading live to see that?

Comment

You should see a Time column in the Control Center-->Log-tab that shows time stamps regardless if you trade in simulation or live. Could it be the Time column is not wide enough? Please hover your cursor on the left Category column header edge, so your cursor turns into a double headed arrow. Click and hold the left mouse button and move to the right. Check if this widens the Time column so you can see the time stamps.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Skifree, Today, 03:41 AM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Skifree
        by Skifree

Started by traderqz, Yesterday, 09:06 AM
        5 responses