Open all minimized charts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Open all minimized charts?

I have a workspace with about 75 charts on it with a certain indicator. Somehow all of them minimized or were hidden which was not intended. I accidentally also saved this workspace. I am trying to open them all back up so they are visible. The only way I can do this is by hovering over the NT icon in the task bar, and scrolling through a huge list of windows and one by one selecting the chart and then that one will open back up. Not only is it time consuming, as I chose one the hover list disappears and I have to start over again to find the next one and I lose position. This is an impossible task. Unfortunately I am not seeing anything like window > open all or something like that. Any way to do this without doing what I am doing now?

ErikY I'm not sure how you can open (restore) all your minimized windows at once. But I can tell you how they probably became minimized so that perhaps you can avoid it in the future. Windows 10 has a "feature" where if you have the left mouse button down on the title bar of a window and you "shake" it by moving the mouse back and forth quickly, all other windows will be minimized. I discovered this by accident the other day.
    Last edited by AutomaticTradingSignals; 01-26-2021, 02:20 PM.
    Automatic Trading Signals
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - automatictradingsignals.com

Comment

Hello ErikY,

Thank you for your post.

I am glad you asked this question rather than taking the time to open all of your windows one by one; there is a Windows feature to restore all windows. You should be able to hold down the Shift button on your keyboard and then right-click the NinjaTrader icon in your Windows taskbar. Next, select Restore all windows. I have created a video example here:

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
      Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

ATS, thanks, was wondering how the heck I did that, but that makes sense.
        Emily, thanks much, that worked!!

Comment

Emily...

"You should be able to hold down the Shift button on your keyboard and then right-click the NinjaTrader icon in your Windows taskbar. Next, select Restore all windows."

Do you know how to do this with Win 11? It worked on Win 10 but not on my Win 11.
          How to restore all windows at once?

Comment

Originally posted by Browniver View Post
            Emily...

"You should be able to hold down the Shift button on your keyboard and then right-click the NinjaTrader icon in your Windows taskbar. Next, select Restore all windows."

Do you know how to do this with Win 11? It worked on Win 10 but not on my Win 11.
            How to restore all windows at once?
            Hello Browniver,

Thank you for your note.

I do not have Windows 11 to test on, though this would be specific to the operating system. You could likely find the answer from a publicly available resource, such as a search on Google:Thank you for using NinjaTrader.
            Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
            47 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post aligator  
            Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes