Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing Instrument - Soybean Futures Data

Hi,

I am trying to place a trade for ZSU21 (Soybean Futures Sep 2021 contract), but when I enter the ticker, the system shows it is an invalid instrument. Can you please advise how I can trade ZSU21? Other months contracts work well.

Thanks,
    Deyang Yu

Hello Mythue,

Thank you for creating your post with these details.

The symbol for Soybean Futures contracts in NinjaTrader is listed as ZS 03-21 currently. If you type this symbol into the platform do you find this is the contract month you wish? You can check the expiration dates for the different futures instruments by going to the Control Center > Tools > Instruments > Search for the 'ZS' and select it > Click the 'Edit' button then scroll until you find the 'Contract Months'. Left click this section to view the contract months and their expiration codes.

Here is a publicly available link with more information about using the instrument selector:Please do not hesitate to reach out to us with any other NinjaTrader related questions or inquiries in the future.

Comment

Thank you Brendan, I can add Sep contract as you mentioned. However, I have a quick question, for the rollover date, it automatically shows 10/20/2022 for Sep contract 2021. Do I need to change that? If so, what date should I change that to?

Many thanks,
      Deyang

Comment

Hello mythue (Deyang),

Thank you for responding with these details.

Please note that NinjaTrader uses common rollover dates for its contract rollovers, however if you would like to change these dates, you may do so through the instrument manager.

You can edit the expiration dates to suit your needs for the different instruments by going to the Control Center > Tools > Instruments > Search for the 'ZS' (or any other instruments you wish to edit) and select it > Click the 'Edit' button then scroll until you find the 'Contract Months'. Left click this section to view the contract months and their expiration codes. You can change the date by clicking on the 'Rollover date' setting then select the rollover date you wish for the expiration selected. Press OK to confirm.

Here is a publicly available link that goes over the instrument manager in further detail:Please do not hesitate to reach out to us with any other NinjaTrader questions or inquiries in the future.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
        Started by Mindset, 05-06-2023, 09:03 PM
        10 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH