Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reload charts after connection lost

Hello ninjatrader,

I have been having problems with my internet connection. When I lose data feed connection and reconnect the charts in all my workspaces reload. Because I am using 'tick replay' option with in data series this is costly time wise. Is there an option to just pick up where chart left off with a hole in the data so to speak or at least not reload whole chart ?

Hello pvtrader,

While this is an option without tick replay enabled, tick replay forces NinjaTrader to 'roll back and reprocess' the historical data tick-by-tick. The reason for this is how NinjaTrader loads this data.

To ensure that no gaps exist, the current day will always be redownloaded (this connects it directly to the live data). As this historical data can differ slightly from the real-time data cached prior, e.g. if your provider filters the data, NinjaTrader then needs to re-calculate the indicators.

The best suggestion I can give you, in this case, is to lower the days loaded, as this would speed up the process overall, close additional workspaces/charts you don't currently use, and ensure your internet connection is as stable as possible.

This includes using a hardwired connection over Wifi, adding NinjaTrader to exclusion-/whitelists of virus scanners, firewalls, and memory-intensive backup platforms, and avoiding hotspots or public connections.

Please let me know, should you have any questions in this regard!
    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by TradeSaber, Today, 07:18 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post TradeSaber  
    Started by PaulMohn, Today, 05:00 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes