Laptop System Requirements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laptop System Requirements

I am purchasing a new laptop for the sole purpose of trading. What are the minimum system requirements for Ninja Trader? Thanks in Advance!

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Below is a link to our minimum system requirements for NinjaTrader 8.

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
    Dennis E.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi WesFoster,

Purchasing a high performance laptop is certainly one way if increasing the performance of NinjaTrader. However it also has the drawback of always needing to run NinjaTrader locally on the laptop. You can only trade with the laptop on in front of you. If the laptop ever has any connection, power, application, etc. problems you'll be shut out of the market during the worst possible times.

Instead of buying a laptop specifically for trading, a common recommendation is to buy a remote server and trade through the VPS. The way it works is instead of running NinjaTrader on your home computer, it is installed your server which is on 24/7. This approach fixes the problem of needing to run your home computer all the time.

For example you could get a VPS with 4, 8, or even 16GB of RAM. These servers are higher performance than what you would get from a local laptop because they are using all of their CPU cores and RAM specifically for trading, instead of all the bloat Windows laptops come with.
      Would highly recommend checking out
      https://www.ninjamobiletrader.com/
      They have a free trial and setup servers immediately.

They're also listed on the NinjaTrader ecosystem:
      https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/sea...biletrader-vps

Originally posted by WesFoster View Post
      I am purchasing a new laptop for the sole purpose of trading. What are the minimum system requirements for Ninja Trader? Thanks in Advance!

Comment

I also ran into a problem when choosing a laptop for mining. I looked through a bunch of reviews, but one day I came across Gadget Guide India, which features some of the world's most budget laptops. There I decided to choose my own laptop MSI GF63 Thin. Firstly, I chose it because of its attractive and low price, you can also see that it has 8 GB of RAM expandable up to 16 GB, which is great for mining. You may also notice that it has built-in SSD storage, which makes your work much faster and more efficient. With 512 GB SSD and 8 GB RAM, you'll have enough storage for a lifetime.
        Last edited by ElizabethS; 02-15-2021, 07:19 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
        47 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post aligator  
        Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post jaybedreamin